Trusted Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

In Washington state 16 years and older can now get the shot.  I see so many people with masks underneath their nose.  They are not being protected that way.  

You can't teach people not to be stupid. unfortunately. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@LuvmyLab wrote:

In Washington state 16 years and older can now get the shot.  I see so many people with masks underneath their nose.  They are not being protected that way.  

You can't teach people not to be stupid. unfortunately. Smiley Sad

Rosette Ribbon Winner Award 6 Inch Blue Identity Honor image 0

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

All adults in North Carolina will be eligible to sign up for a vaccine appointment starting April 7.

Teenagers ages 16 and 17 will also qualify for a vaccine under the move to Group 5. However, currently the Pfizer vaccine is the only vaccine authorized for emergency use in people under the age of 18. NCDHHS Secretary Dr. Mandy Cohen said the state will work with people in that age group to let them know what providers are offering the Pfizer vaccine.

@Marp 

NC is-doing very well!   WHEEE! 

@ECBG 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Jackson08 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Hopefully everyone that can take the shot does.

I went to the grocery store today and a dark haired man (40+) didn't wear his mask.  They made an announcement a few minutes later, but he had been all over by then.

I also saw a woman with her mask below her nose.  If you don't cover the nose, why wear the mask?  Useless!

Maybe they've already been vaccinated.  

@Jackson08 

The sign said "Masks Required".

Even with the shot, doctors say you still wear a mask.

Esteemed Contributor

@CoffeeNut  Lace???   Now that's one for the books, LOL!

Trusted Contributor

@Jackson08 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Hopefully everyone that can take the shot does.

I went to the grocery store today and a dark haired man (40+) didn't wear his mask.  They made an announcement a few minutes later, but he had been all over by then.

I also saw a woman with her mask below her nose.  If you don't cover the nose, why wear the mask?  Useless!

Maybe they've already been vaccinated.  

even if they had not everyone knows that.  Why make other people feel uncomfortable.  As we all know or should know, that vaccine is no guarantee of anything, it just betters your chances of not getting it or getting a lighter case of it.

Why can't people think of people other than themselves?    I forgot my mask doesn't fly any more eitther we have been wearing them for a year.  

Esteemed Contributor

Stood outside of hospital for 45 mins today for my 2nd Pfizer shot. Glad that's done and I hope as many people who want the vaccinations receive them. 3 men a few people behind me clustered, without masks, outside when hospital employees instructed us to stand in line, adhere to 6 ft sidewalk circles and wear mask. Same work shirts so assuming vaccinations were mandatory for these men. One talked loudly on phone. All cursed and spewed hateful political jargon. Obnoxious group. One made a rude remark to a young lady who stood in front of them. I motioned the young lady trade places with me and I stood next to the men. I told the leader of the pack -- I was a teacher. If you were in my class, I'd toss you to the principal's office and call your parents. Do you want me to call your employer? Or can you just behave? He said ... Yes, Ma'am. Wow. What a weird morning.       

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Re: NC IS Down To Age 18

[ Edited ]

My part of TN is open for vaccinations 16 and older!

The soonest I could book is April 19th for the Pfizer shot. Hey I'm glad to get it! So now I am nice and signed up for shot number 1. I am so relieved! 

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

Starting April 1st  ..16yo and above can get the vaccine in CT.

Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Stood outside of hospital for 45 mins today for my 2nd Pfizer shot. Glad that's done and I hope as many people who want the vaccinations receive them. 3 men a few people behind me clustered, without masks, outside when hospital employees instructed us to stand in line, adhere to 6 ft sidewalk circles and wear mask. Same work shirts so assuming vaccinations were mandatory for these men. One talked loudly on phone. All cursed and spewed hateful political jargon. Obnoxious group. One made a rude remark to a young lady who stood in front of them. I motioned the young lady trade places with me and I stood next to the men. I told the leader of the pack -- I was a teacher. If you were in my class, I'd toss you to the principal's office and call your parents. Do you want me to call your employer? Or can you just behave? He said ... Yes, Ma'am. Wow. What a weird morning.       

From one former teacher to another: Good for you @jeanlake !

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett