Respected Contributor

Walmart and Fry's (Kroger) have so many employees doing online shopping orders ithat they block the aisles with their huge shopping carts. 

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

DD found out the hard way that WalMart is back to not allowing refunds or exchanges for clothing items, so be aware when you're buying those items, you may be stuck with them.

Wow, that's good to know. 

Esteemed Contributor

I returned a couple of lamp shades. No returns on clothing, health & beauty, pharmacy, food, cleaning products and probably more that I am forgetting. Shop carefully.

Trusted Contributor

@FlowerBear   You must shopping at my Walmart...it was exactly like that a few mornings ago when I was shopping...lol....DW

Valued Contributor

@deeva wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

DD found out the hard way that WalMart is back to not allowing refunds or exchanges for clothing items, so be aware when you're buying those items, you may be stuck with them.

Wow, that's good to know. 

I was at my local Walmart on Saturday and the woman in the ladies clothes said that yes you could now return clothes items as they still had the fitting rooms closed; so I guess it all depends on where you live. She also told me that they would now be staying open until 10 pm.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest  I shopped the small Walmart today and the workers stocking were several in an aisle. I'm aware they need to stock items, but when I asked politely if one could let me pass, she just glared at me. 
  I remained where I was until several people were distancing behind me, finally she moved to another aisle. 
  The people at the ends of aisles were too close, so it's hard to social distance, I just wait. 
   At the checkout an elderly woman couldn't work her credit card. She used a second, the checker was patient and helped her. Just as I was going to pay for her groceries she got one to work! 
   When I got to my car, the poor checker was running behind me with a bag I'd left at the turnstile. I apologized profusely and could see her eyes smile behind her mask! 
   If anyone who reads this works retail, THANK YOU!

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

My local Walmart is remodeling. I went there the other day and they had about 5 registers open. I have not see lines like that since the last time I was at Busch Gardens! I walked right back out. No way am I waiting that long for a couple items. 

@wvumountiefan 

WOW...5 whole registers!!!!  The most the Walmart near me pre-pandemic had open at a time was 3!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I noticed the empty flour shelves and also in the cleaning supplies. Our WM has arrows for people to enter aisles in one direction or the other. I follow them, but it gets frustrating when others don't, especially with those huge shopper carts in the way. I try not to point out to others that they are going the wrong way unless they get snippy to me, and then I will mention it. I just don't think people see those signs or arrows.

Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I noticed the empty flour shelves and also in the cleaning supplies. Our WM has arrows for people to enter aisles in one direction or the other. I follow them, but it gets frustrating when others don't, especially with those huge shopper carts in the way. I try not to point out to others that they are going the wrong way unless they get snippy to me, and then I will mention it. I just don't think people see those signs or arrows.

Those arrows are keeping people in the stores longer, which creates more contamination. The arrows do not do anything to promote social distancing.

The safest way to shop is in and out, quickly, which means ignoring the arrows. Anyone mentions anything about them to me, and they'll wish they hadn't.

Honored Contributor

My Walmart still has one-way paths enforced around the store, so I have to walk five times as far to get to the grocery section.  It's like herding cattle.  Other stores did that months ago, in the early days of the pandemic, but it didn't last long.  I'm glad I go to Walmart only rarely.