Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

I was at my local WM yesterday- quick in and out. Kind of anoyed that there is only one entrance/ exit open for the whole super center. I guess they are monitoring wearing of face masks as well as total occupancy. For someone with a bad knee the extra walking was not fun.

@queendiva An "In" and an "Out" door should be safer since two way traffic puts you shoulder to shoulder with other people.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG yes, there was an IN and an OUT door, but they were at the same location- the grocery area at the end of the building, not near the pickup kiosk and CS which are centrally located.  Guess that's the entrance that gets the most traffic, but it makes it harder to park and makes for a lot more walking

Honored Contributor

Re: My stop at Walmart

[ Edited ]

I’m going to WalMart tomorrow morning. I expect to be in and out - of the pickup area - within 10 minutes, probably less than 5. I won’t give a thought to the mess going on inside the store. I’ll never even roll my window down, just pop the trunk so my bags can be loaded. 

Honored Contributor

@queendiva So sorry.  Our in and out are on the opposite ends of a 20 ft lobby where they keep carts.

Esteemed Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

I was at my local WM yesterday- quick in and out. Kind of anoyed that there is only one entrance/ exit open for the whole super center. I guess they are monitoring wearing of face masks as well as total occupancy. For someone with a bad knee the extra walking was not fun.

I guess that is what they are doing in all of the stores, because my Walmart is the same thing. It makes no sense to me, because it puts way too many people in one confined area at the same time. They should have multiple entrance and exits to spread us out.

Honored Contributor

I had a return in July.  I bought it on March 12 and I missed the memo on June 15 that they were only taking returns within a certain window now, but the rep just said she was issuing me a gift card, which was fine with me.

Some states they are not accepting returns and some stores are independently not accepting returns on some items.

My store has the in and out door in the same place.  It is a super center and has 3 entrances (garden center, home department and grocery).  Everyone enters and exits through grocery now.  The security guard is at the entrance enforcing face coverings).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I noticed the empty flour shelves and also in the cleaning supplies. Our WM has arrows for people to enter aisles in one direction or the other. I follow them, but it gets frustrating when others don't, especially with those huge shopper carts in the way. I try not to point out to others that they are going the wrong way unless they get snippy to me, and then I will mention it. I just don't think people see those signs or arrows.

Those arrows are keeping people in the stores longer, which creates more contamination. The arrows do not do anything to promote social distancing.

The safest way to shop is in and out, quickly, which means ignoring the arrows. Anyone mentions anything about them to me, and they'll wish they hadn't.

My husband has to point the arrows out to me. Otherwise, I don't even notice them in any store/market that we're in!

I think that it's honestly just a habit from not seeing/using them.

When I'm aware of them, I definitely use them, and I definitely make it a habit of keeping my distance from people while in the aisles and while in the check-out lane.

The check-out lane is where I usually have to remind my husband to keep his distance from others, as he just wants to get out of the store by that time. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor
WM is a joke. They have only one door open for entrance and exit for a huge supercenter and most of the employees wear a mask around their neck, if they have one at all. I just can’t go there anymore.
Honored Contributor
I only use the self check-out. I am not even going in there again if I I can avoid it.
Trusted Contributor

I guess I'm  just an anomoly.  I do wear a mask, for the comfort of others, and go in and do my shopping.  I don't get hung up or annoyed at people.  I don't get bent if someone isn't exactly 6 ft from me because you are all breathing the same air, walking through the same space that hundreds have done over the course of the day.   It was far riskier before covid than it is now.  Before everyone and anyone was going into a store sick.  there are more protocols in place now for cleaning than there ever was before.  As far as masks very few wear them right, or clean them.  So I don't get bent if someone isn't wearing one since they probably wouldn't wear it right anyway.   

The CDC admits 10s of millions of people most likely have the virus.  Millions have had it with zero to mild symptoms.  This virus lives for people with underlying conditions, which is why the elderly need to be cautious.  But you should have been cautious all along if you have an underlying condtion.  Heck e-coli, flu, pneumonia, kill people with lowered immune systems.  I understand if you're terrified.  But straight up fact the world was far more unclean than it is now.  And yet you were in it.  I will never understand the outright hatred, and beating and useless anger at people who others feel were not far enough from them or didn't have a mask on.  I have read posts where people have called them murderers and wanted them to die.  Really???  Just go about your business.  You cannot and never will be able to control others nor should you.  No one is the same.  No one shares your fears, or your medical conditon.  Take care of you.  Just keep walking.  The fact that people are so uptight about it that they want  utilities shut off and people arrested in some states just because they didn't "social distance" is beyond the pale.  How does taking away someone's home or their utilities cure the virus?  How does getting them punched, wishing them dead cure the virus?  Just keep walking people.  Seriously.  It isn't worth it and in all honesty if you do get the virus, it's nearly impossible to pinpoint the cause of infection.  The person without the mask could be negative and the person you thought was so safe using "precautions" actually was the carrier and the precautions didn't really work so well.  And that's why I don't get worked up about it.