Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the replies and I went back on and now it says its available to order.

Before it said Amazon PRIME only, and to order via my Echo NOT on Amazon itself.

Maybe they have gotten more for ordering, so now all can order it? (Yes it is presale ordering, I forgot to add that earlier). It comes out later this month.

As far as getting special things on PRIME. I agree if you pay you should get free stuff like music, movies, books. BUT I don't understand why they weren't releasing this to everyone and why they upped their total sales for free shipping. Because IMO if you invest in Prime you're paying for shipping anyway on small orders if you don't shop much on there (like me).

Well anyway now I can order, so thank you, because I read these replies I went back on and looked again today.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

Could someone tell me what is the difference between the Echo and Echo Dot....tia

Respected Contributor

Re: My little Amazon rant

[ Edited ]

@circles wrote:

Could someone tell me what is the difference between the Echo and Echo Dot....tia

@circles Same exact functions.  You do not need the Echo to use the Dot.  However the Echo has awesome very good quality speakers.  The Dot has speakers like a clock radio or a phone.  Kind of tinny and not loud at all.  You can hook your dot up to you "good" speakers and it will have quality sound like the echo.

I have my dot in the bedroom and it is plenty loud to wake me up or hear the weather or news.

I hope that helps!