Respected Contributor

Is Mama a bit thin for this time of year?  If it was January, I might be concerned.  But September?  (I have a deer herd nearby and worry about them in the winter.)  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick   Maybe Mama is old, such a difference in her appearance and the others.  There is only so much one can do regarding a wild animal, they will get sick, get old, and pass on, nature's way, sad as it is.

I used to have a beautiful black squirrel, Blackie, living on my property, huge bushy tail, and all of a sudden one year I noticed he wasn't around.  He would sit on the railing of my front deck and eat a freshly plucked rose from the climbing rose on the corner.

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick 

I pray for Tracy to be okay through the winter, her leg makes me sad, though I trust that you are trying to give her a nutritional boost.

She is just so sweet, blonde and fragile.

I love them all, but she really tugs on my heart.

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@MamaWick 

I pray for Tracy to be okay through the winter, her leg makes me sad, though I trust that you are trying to give her a nutritional boost.

She is just so sweet, blonde and fragile.

I love them all, but she really rugs on my heart.

@MoonieBaby  What is wrong with Tracy's legs?  I must have missed that info.

Honored Contributor

What sweeties!

Thank you, MW!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for sharing pictures of your sweet creatures, safe from harm and loving their place of comfort.  They could just melt anyone’s heart.

Esteemed Contributor

Love them ... wish you could send them to me!!❤️❤️

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirlI think it is her right front leg.  If you look closely it is mis-shapen and in some other photos she is holding it up.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl 

I don't know the specifics, I just know she has an injured front right leg. (if she's looking at the camera it's the leg on the left). 

It looks swollen around the knee area.  

With winter coming I just want her to be able to run from danger. She gets extra food from Mama, (she treats her with an extra dose of care).

Maybe Mamawick can answer you about the leg...

Anyway - keep Tracy in your prayers to get healthy - please and thank you.