Honored Contributor

had a threat that there was going to be a mass shooting there today. OMG. It was such a nice residential neighborhood when I was a kid and went to school there in the 50's. Now almost every day there is some bad item on the news in my old neighborhood. It makes me so very sad.It was such a great neighborhood to grow up in.

They put the school on lockdown and went through it with police and dogs. No one and nothing was found and nothing happened.On the same campus there is a school for handicapped kids and a middle school.All 3 schools were checked and nothing was found.

Honored Contributor

Re: My elementary school ....

Some of the biggest cases of school shootings have been in nice, affluent, suburban neighborhoods.

It's happening all over!

Honored Contributor

What part of the country are you in?

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/16/2014 terrier3 said:

Some of the biggest cases of school shootings have been in nice, affluent, suburban neighborhoods.

It's happening all over!

True dat!

Poor folk have one heck of a time coming up with the $ for a sizeable cache.

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

What part of the country are you in? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

This is a City of Pittsburgh school. It is actually one of the very nicest neighborhoods within the city limits - or at least used to be. Brookline. Many city employees live there because it is very close to the city but has the feel of a suburban neighborhood. It makes me so sad to see it going downhill. Reports on the news of drug busts, drive by shootings, prostitution and as we drove through recently this summer i saw gang signs on buildings etc. Really heartbreaking.It has always been a hodge podge of various cultures and races in this area.That was always one of the best things about living there.

Honored Contributor

This is why I'm always warning folks (especially young women) to be careful walking and/or driving around alone late at night/early morning. It really isn't safe, no matter what area we might think was/is safe. Sorry to say....... Someone once said that nothing good happens after midnight. Or something similar.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

OMG - I just saw on the news that the person called in the threat again today and they had to evacuate the elementary and the middle schools - they took the kids to the high school. I certainly hope they find the person doing this.