Esteemed Contributor

My Whirlpool Cambrio Washing Machine

Just used my washing machine and it keeps flashing on RINSE - doesn't move to SPIN. I have one more week on my warranty - but I wonder if it's an easy fix. It's 5 yrs old.

Respected Contributor

Re: My Whirlpool Cambrio Washing Machine

@kivah wrote:

Just used my washing machine and it keeps flashing on RINSE - doesn't move to SPIN. I have one more week on my warranty - but I wonder if it's an easy fix. It's 5 yrs old.

Have you tried Googling the problem?  I've done that many times on my appliances and sometimes it helps.  I always find an article that has had the same problem. 

You may find an answer here also.  Just wanted to suggest Google.  Good luck and hope it's not an expensive repair.

Honored Contributor

If you only have one more week before the warranty ends, I would not fool around with it, call Whirlpool immediately and ask them what the flashing means. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

If you only have one more week before the warranty ends, I would not fool around with it, call Whirlpool immediately and ask them what the flashing means. 

That's what I decided to do. Thanks

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

When front loaders go off balance they do odd things.  My LG will get stuck in the spin cycle but makes no noise and gives me no signal.  I have to push the off button that unlocks the door so I can rearrange everything and usually it's one towel in particular and after rearranging it and sometimes changing the setting for spin from high to medium, restarting it then finishes its cycle.

Esteemed Contributor

My Whirlpool has never given me a second of trouble; but last week it wouldn't advance to next cycle.  Banging buttons didn't help so........I unplugged the machine - counted to ten - plug in again........and it acted normal.

Used it this week for 3 loads and no problem.

To reboot computers they say to unplug, count ten seconds and plug in....I thought perhaps - and it did..... correct itself.

Hope it works.......................

Honored Contributor

I have a Whirlpool Duet that stopped working before Christmas.  It is still not working because between the virus and the tariffs they cannot get parts.  They have finally found an after market water pump but don't have an opening to put it on for two more weeks.  Good thing I have a lot of clothes!

I did consider buying a new one but the model I want has a two month delivery delay for the same reasons and the sales person told most are taking longer than two months.

Esteemed Contributor

I think I would put my order in - even for a 2 month delivery.  Often times delivery isn't as far out as they predict.  In the meantime laundro-mat visits will carry you through.

(that's if you really need a new machine)

:=))

Esteemed Contributor

It's a top loader that I purchased from Lowes. Since I have one week left on the warranty, I'll keep my appt with the repairman - who's coming out on Monday. I never had any problems in 5 years. Hope it's an easy fix. I wonder if I should extend my warranty???

Honored Contributor

Since it's so easy to do, I agree with unplugging it for a few minutes and then plugging it in again.  Lately I find that  works with so many electric/electronic things that decide to act nuts.

Also, when you call a warranty line, it's the first thing they tell you to do.