Honored Contributor

Re: My Neighbors Got RobbedZ

I wonder if those criminals had watched 'Death Wish' with Charles Bronson sounds like the same type of crime, etc.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I bet that banker think he was there in Conn. and his wife and kids lived in a nice neighborhood too that don't mean squat. Half the gated communities I've gone to nobody is ever at the gate and we drove right in.

Can't depend on somebody to take care of you I learned that a long, long time ago.

The case in CT (Dr. Petit and his late wife and late two daughters) happened in an affluent, upscale neighborhood.  It began actually in a grocery store, when Mrs. Petit and girls were shopping.  Two very evil men were there, and one of them was attracted to the little girl.  They followed them home.  Dr. Petit survived and eventually remarried, to a fine woman, and they now have a little son.  I do not know how he managed to pull through.

It's a testimony to the power of faith and the human spirit.  

Thank you couldn't remember if he was a banker or a Dr.

These people know who has money and who doesn't. I'm amazed at people who don't pay attention to their surroundings and who is watching them, etc. I think people just don't think it can happen to them and live in some kind of fantasy world.

I remember when that happened. It affected a lot of people, but, they(the criminals) have been taken care nobody walked and they will get their final 'reward', later.................

I'm not sure what to think about the above quote (underlined). Yes, have awareness of surroundings, but we need to remember violence directed at innocent people is never the victims' fault. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Re: My Neighbors Got Robbed

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

I don't live in fear.  I'm careful and cautious. 

Our house was robbed when I was in 3rd grade.  I remember coming home and finding the side door smashed in.  They must have been there for a long time because they went through every room.  They even took the laundry out of the hampers and food from the freezer looking for valuables.  They took a lot of things.  

Since then, I've always lived in a home with an alarm system. 

Honored Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I bet that banker think he was there in Conn. and his wife and kids lived in a nice neighborhood too that don't mean squat. Half the gated communities I've gone to nobody is ever at the gate and we drove right in.

Can't depend on somebody to take care of you I learned that a long, long time ago.

The case in CT (Dr. Petit and his late wife and late two daughters) happened in an affluent, upscale neighborhood.  It began actually in a grocery store, when Mrs. Petit and girls were shopping.  Two very evil men were there, and one of them was attracted to the little girl.  They followed them home.  Dr. Petit survived and eventually remarried, to a fine woman, and they now have a little son.  I do not know how he managed to pull through.

It's a testimony to the power of faith and the human spirit.  

Thank you couldn't remember if he was a banker or a Dr.

These people know who has money and who doesn't. I'm amazed at people who don't pay attention to their surroundings and who is watching them, etc. I think people just don't think it can happen to them and live in some kind of fantasy world.

I remember when that happened. It affected a lot of people, but, they(the criminals) have been taken care nobody walked and they will get their final 'reward', later.................

I'm not sure what to think about the above quote (underlined). Yes, have awareness of surroundings, but we need to remember violence directed at innocent people is never the victims' fault. 

Sorry, that's not what I intended to depart. My statement was merely pointing out that people should have their guard up in today's world and keep your eyes open, be sharp. I've sit on the sidelines and watched groups of teenage girls laugh, dance and have a good time and not to far away was boys watching them and started following them at the Mall. These girls had no more idea that they were putting on a show for strangers then they could fly to the moon.

women need to pay attention especially.

Esteemed Contributor

Almost all of our neighborhoods have been Gated, it means nothing if the burglars are neighborhood teens. Also, lawn trucks and construction and repair vehicles come in all the time, who ever knows about them or people they know.  My doors are LOCKED all the time, when we are home and when we are away.  I am certainly not going to make it easy for anyone to rip us off!

Trusted Contributor

Re: My Neighbors Got Robbed

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

No way I would ever live in a cave , or live in an area where I have to be afraid all the time.We don't even lock our doors.My DH does have a loaded shotgun in his bedroom closet should someone ever decide to make an unvited midnight visit.

People who don't lock their doors are asking for trouble - a really STUPID idea. People who live in gated communities have also had breakins, so you're not as safe as you think you are.

Super Contributor

I have a neighbor lady who lives alone and never closes her garage door unless someone tells her.    She has come in late and left it open all night.  

She doesn't lock the door from the garage into the house.   She told us that she never has.   We tried to warn her that she's giving an open invitation to anyone to walk inside her house.

She just laughs and says, "I'm so forgetful."     

Why doesn't she just put a sign on her house "Doors unlocked come on in."

The fact tht she lives alone you would think she would be more careful.

Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

No way I would ever live in a cave , or live in an area where I have to be afraid all the time.We don't even lock our doors.My DH does have a loaded shotgun in his bedroom closet should someone ever decide to make an unvited midnight visit.

People who don't lock their doors are asking for trouble - a really STUPID idea. People who live in gated communities have also had breakins, so you're not as safe as you think you are.

People who lock the doors also have breakins and are also not as safe as they think they are.

Honored Contributor

I'm always reminding tweens/teens to pay more attention to their surroundings, especially while walking and/or texting alone.  Also, I've been telling just about everyone, for many years, to make sure that, while driving, nobody is following them home.  It's always a good idea to drive to the nearest police station, if we think that another car is following us. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).