Honored Contributor

Maybe it's the times, but I'm always surprised by good service . My mail carrier is a lovely young woman who is as kind as she is efficient.  She took some mail for me this AM as I couldn't get to the post office. I know it's their job, but she is unfailingly pleasant and polite. When she waved goodbye, she thanked me for the food I left out Sat. ( the annual P.O. food drive ) Since she took over this route, the mail comes earlier and no more mistakes.  Some will say who cares, and that's fine, but she brightens my day. 🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Re: My Mail Carrier

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1  You are so lucky. Mail service in my area had been horrible.Folks in my town have been complaining for the past couple of years and nothing changes. 

Last Wednesday, I put mail in my box for pickup. It sat there Thursday and Friday. On Saturday, when I went out to the box to put out a bag of food for the Mail Carriers food drive, the outgoing mail was still there and I had not received any new mail. I called the local PO, spoke to the postmaster, who apologized profusely and said he would send someone out immediately. 

Well, the mail was never picked up and the food bag was still there yesterday (Monday). I called and spoke to the postmaster again and he drove over to my place to pick up the outgoing mail and take the food donation bag. I still (Tuesday) have not received any mail from the mail carrier assigned to my route. Granted, I don't get a lot of snail mail as I pay all of my bills on line and don't want a lot of paper with personal identification mailed to me. But it is primary election time (today) in PA and usually I would be inundated with election flyers along with the usual junk mail of supermarket flyers and I have received nothing. UGH. Less for the recycle bin. 

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 iT IS ALWAYS NICE TO BE APPRECIATED!

Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@QVCkitty1  You are so lucky. Mail service in my area had been horrible.Folks in my town have been complaining for the past couple of years and nothing changes. 

Last Wednesday, I put mail in my box for pickup. It sat there Thursday and Friday. On Saturday, when I went out to the box to put out a bag of food for the Mail Carriers food drive, the outgoing mail was still there and I had not received any new mail. I called the local PO, spoke to the postmaster, who apologized profusely and said he would send someone out immediately. 

Well, the mail was never picked up and the food bag was still there yesterday (Monday). I called and spoke to the postmaster again and he drove over to my place to pick up the outgoing mail and take the food donation bag. I still (Tuesday) have not received any mail from the mail carrier assigned to my route. Granted, I don't get a lot of snail mail as I pay all of my bills on line and don't want a lot of paper with personal identification mailed to me. But it is primary election time (today) in PA and usually I would be inundated with election flyers along with the usual junk mail of supermarket flyers and I have received nothing. UGH. Less for the recycle bin. 

@FlyersGirl , I'm sorry , mail delivery is so important and that's why I appreciate my   carrier. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Maybe it's the times, but I'm always surprised by good service . My mail carrier is a lovely young woman who is as kind as she is efficient.  She took some mail for me this AM as I couldn't get to the post office. I know it's their job, but she is unfailingly pleasant and polite. When she waved goodbye, she thanked me for the food I left out Sat. ( the annual P.O. food drive ) Since she took over this route, the mail comes earlier and no more mistakes.  Some will say who cares, and that's fine, but she brightens my day. 🌺

I have a mail carrier who is just like that!  He's been our carrier for about twenty years and is always friendly and efficient! 

I had an Etsy store for over ten years and I would have packages at the front door which he would pick up several times a week when I was busy.

I always give him a nice gift during the holidays.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1  You are so lucky! We count it as a good day if our mail's delivered by 6pm. Some days, it's not our turn to get mail (we always get junk mail, if nothing else). One of my friends was away from home for about 3 weeks recently. I usually check her mail and put it in her house while she's gone, but she told me I didn't have to get her mail this time because she'd instructed the Post Office to hold it and she'd pick it up when she returned. I thought that sounded fine, but told her I'd keep an eye out for mail/packages whenever I drove by her house while she was gone. The Post Office delivered mail every day that she was gone. This would have been exemplary had she not asked them to hold it until her return. 🙄

Honored Contributor

I miss the days when I had mail carriers who I knew, and they knew me.  It makes a difference in the type of service you receive. 

Where I live now, there is no home delivery, being a newer community.  We get our mail at a bank of boxes in the center of the community.  There is no regular carrier at this time...different people every day, and they either don't take the time or don't care to even put the mail in the right boxes.  

There have been no food drives in the two years I've been here.  I do remember them in the past, and  participated. 

Honored Contributor

My carrier is good too. He will take a bit of time for a conversation with an elderly neighbor who lives near me.

Esteemed Contributor

We have a PO box, have had for decades.  We used to go daily and get the mail, now once a week.  DD and I pay stuff online so we don't get a lot of mail.  Most of what we get is DD's fabric she orders.

We love the woman who wroks at the post office.  She is a very good at her job, helpful and funny as heck to boot.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 : I know exactly what you mean - sounds like my lady Rita.  Sadly, for me, she retired at the end of the year and boy is she missed!  I now know why so many posts are made about bad service because I'm living it now.  I live rural and one day I ran over my box of Dewey's cookies because it had been left at the end of my road. It's crazy and it's a good thing my life is so simple or I would really be upset.

Of course, I called the good folks at customer services and they replaced them. Good luck to us all.