Honored Contributor

My Indecisiveness Has Paid Off

When it comes to making purchases, it doesn't matter if inexpensive or expensive, I always over think it. Many times I have buyer's remorse. It paid off for me today! I was looking at a pair of boots yesterday, wasn't sure about purchasing them. Today is free shipping, so I bought them (I live in New York City so no tax on clothing). I would have been so annoyed if I bought them yesterday and had to pay for shipping ( QVC should do the free shipping more often).

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Indecisiveness Has Paid Off

[ Edited ]

I bought booties too last week of August and free shipping as well, Woohoo!!

Enjoy your new boots. 

Respected Contributor

Jordan2 i am the same way , i am terrible at making decisions on purchases it doesn't make any difference if it is $20 or $2.000. I have passed up TSV's and bought it the next day at the slightly higher price.

Esteemed Contributor

A big state like that no tax-lucky. California here -not.

Esteemed Contributor

@halfpint1 I certainly have never heard of no clothing TAX in NYC - I can tell you the rest of us in NY get taxed.  Some confusion ...........................

Trusted Contributor

There is no sales tax on an item of clothing or footwear that costs less than $110. An item of clothing or footwear that costs $110 or more is subject to the full 8.875% tax rate.

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

There is no sales tax on an item of clothing or footwear that costs less than $110. An item of clothing or footwear that costs $110 or more is subject to the full 8.875% tax rate.

@avid shopper @halfpint1. Yes, there is tax in NY as avid shopper has stated.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@halfpint1 I certainly have never heard of no clothing TAX in NYC - I can tell you the rest of us in NY get taxed.  Some confusion ...........................

I live in one of the five boroughs, when I order online I am not charged tax (I never shop in the five boroughs, no tax if I did). I do shop in stores in Nassua County, I am charged tax.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

Jordan2 i am the same way , i am terrible at making decisions on purchases it doesn't make any difference if it is $20 or $2.000. I have passed up TSV's and bought it the next day at the slightly higher price.

I can't tell you how many times I have bought and immediately have cancelled TSVs (I am an impulse buyer), I don't know what's wrong with me! I will have remorse if I buy, or if I don't.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

I live in one of the five boroughs, when I order online I am not charged tax (I never shop in the five boroughs, no tax if I did). I do shop in stores in Nassua County, I am charged tax.

@Jordan2. Yeah, it depends where you live in NY. Very confusing. I think my county is the same as yours. I buy in NJ.