Esteemed Contributor

Re: My EvineLive Negative Review

Just opened and used a product I bought from Evine. Super price/ Super service/Super product . I learned way back in "the mail order days"!  Never buy food or running shoes without a "taste test" or a "test run".  No way I'd buy candy online. Remember what "Mr Gump" said?vAnd he wasn't yanking the chain.

I don't blame Evine when it comes to someone's taste buds being a factor, and sometimes 2 people can complain about the same thing and get different results. Another thing I learned in my teen working years was this: " Sometimes it ain't what you say, it's the way how you say it". 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

it is discussed regularly that food does not need to be returned. It has even been said at times that one of the reasons why QVC might be selling so many high priced foods is that people can buy them, eat the, and then call and say they were horrible and get a full refund. There is no risk to paying $60 for a cake for instance, 

Even my sister who bought food one time, called them about it and was told to throw it out. If OP didn;'t get  a return label, somehow he had to contact them to find out where he would return a product since shoppingn channels have several different warehouse locations to return items to. At that point, he would have seen or been told by CS that you don't need to return food items, What would be the point in spending good money sending back a disposable item like food that would immediately be thrown into the trash? They can't put food on clearance or as is prices, just toss it. 

And I do think most people know that, or would find out before trying to send back food can call CS for instructions. Would people go to the trouble of buying dry ice and packing a Kansas City ham to be sent back? 

This is the holiday season and inevitably there are always posts from people about bad CS, not getting products in time for Christmas when they ordered 2 days before, and so on. You all can think what you want. I believe otherwise.   And I still don't know why this complaint would be posted on this BB. 

It is not out of the ordinary to not get a return label from Evine.  It happens frequently. There are some items that aren't eligible for the prepaid returns and you are on your own to ship back.  I've rec'd clothng items that aren't eligible for the label. 

There are many items that can't be resold once they are returned, can't be put on clearance nor can they be sold as-is.  Cosmetics, haircare, vitamins, skincare....but it all has to be returned.  You don't get to keep a bottle of vitamins or a bottle of lotion.  I have heard Andrew Lessman state over and over again that if his vitamins are returned, they come back to him, not HSN.  Not sure why food would be any different.  

There is also nothing in their return policy on-line that speaks to the return of food nor is there anything in the product description or product information about the return of food.

As to why this is posted here, why not?  We discuss and post about a lot of things that aren't QVC related.  If the mods have an issue with it, they can move it.  The thread title is pretty clear so if you have an issue with the thread, you could have simply passed it on by.          

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

As to why this is posted here, why not?  We discuss and post about a lot of things that aren't QVC related.  If the mods have an issue with it, they can move it.  The thread title is pretty clear so if you have an issue with the thread, you could have simply passed it on by.          

and yet whenever someone posts about QVC not refunding original S&H any longer, they get slammed by people saying it has been discussed and talked about for months and they should know by now what the policy is. If I'm not mistaken, you, yourself have commented as much on those threads. and as for sending back cosmetics and the like, of course those go back, but food is a whole other ballgame, Would someone eat half a turkey and send the carcass back? 

I guess it just depends on who's doing the commenting. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Frequent Contributor

@ NickNack -- thanks for that info. I just called EvineLive and they did refund my money. Glad I checked back and saw your reply!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mrniceguy wrote:

JavaQueen -- yes, they are Waggoner Chocolates. I agree that Russell Stover is better ( and cheaper, too). I've only had See's once years ago when I made a trip to San Francisco and they were fabulous! 

See's is by far the BEST chocolate that DH and I have ever had! We are addicted! So happy that Costco now has discount gift "cards" so we can both pig out on our favorites. A wonderful 'old fashion" candy/chocolate store where you can pick out a whole box of goodies one at a time. YUM! Love me some See's!Heart

Contributor

It's not the message, it's the delivery.

Contributor

again, not the message, but the delivery.

Respected Contributor

@chenzy This is a nearly two-year-old thread you've resurrected.