Valued Contributor

Re: My EvineLive Negative Review

QVC has done the same.....

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

wow...really harsh response above to the OP.

"Everyone knows"??

No...not everyone knows. Longtime tv shoppers, but not everyone. After all, we Receive food through the mail, who could be faulted for thinking we can also Return same?

btw, Waggoner chocolates are former HSN HOST Allison's family business.

I heard her briefly mention this during a presentation on Evine.

edit to add: I am formerly FitnessFreak here, but had to start a new Login..not sure why?! 

Esteemed Contributor

Well, call me dumbo, but I never knew you weren't supposed to return food until reading this thread. Learn something just about every day here. I don't watch the food shows. The only food item I've bought from the Q is the Christmas cookies inside ornaments. Knew I wasn't going to return those.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Waggoner chocolates are full of hydrogenated oils, my DH refuses to eat these.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't return food that I simply didn't care for.  If there was something actually wrong, I would place a call, but IMO you just take a chance when you order food on-line.  Same with cosmetics.  If I chose a wrong color or scent, I just chalk it up to a wrong choice. If defective, I will return.

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

Don't want to ignite a major firestorm here.  For those who are being so harsh with the OP - when censoring the reviews to be posted on Evine, wouldn't you think the appropriate thing to do would be to send the would-be reviewer a message telling them they could call for a refund?  Or they could have edited the OP's remarks just to focus on the chocolates....?

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

My birthday is coming up.  Today I received an email stating,

WE'RE CELEBRATING YOU!

Happy birthday from your friends at EVINE Live.

Treat yourself to something special - you deserve it!

There was no discount code....nothing!

HSN sent a 15% code.

@lulu2, they want you to buy something reeeeeeaaaal nice at full price.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

Well, call me dumbo, but I never knew you weren't supposed to return food until reading this thread. Learn something just about every day here. I don't watch the food shows. The only food item I've bought from the Q is the Christmas cookies inside ornaments. Knew I wasn't going to return those.

I didn't know that either.   I did buy Mrs. Prindables apples once that were horrible but I didn't bother to call about them.  I just wouldn't order them again.

Trusted Contributor

it is discussed regularly that food does not need to be returned. It has even been said at times that one of the reasons why QVC might be selling so many high priced foods is that people can buy them, eat the, and then call and say they were horrible and get a full refund. There is no risk to paying $60 for a cake for instance, 

Even my sister who bought food one time, called them about it and was told to throw it out. If OP didn;'t get  a return label, somehow he had to contact them to find out where he would return a product since shoppingn channels have several different warehouse locations to return items to. At that point, he would have seen or been told by CS that you don't need to return food items, What would be the point in spending good money sending back a disposable item like food that would immediately be thrown into the trash? They can't put food on clearance or as is prices, just toss it. 

And I do think most people know that, or would find out before trying to send back food can call CS for instructions. Would people go to the trouble of buying dry ice and packing a Kansas City ham to be sent back? 

This is the holiday season and inevitably there are always posts from people about bad CS, not getting products in time for Christmas when they ordered 2 days before, and so on. You all can think what you want. I believe otherwise.   And I still don't know why this complaint would be posted on this BB. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many Q shoppers also shop at other places such as evine.

If a bad experience was had I appreciate hearing about it. 

To the OP. You can order Sees Candies on line. They are, in my opinion the best. Many are still made by hand and the ingredients are good ones. I am in CA. We have two see's candy stores in our town, but to avoid traffic we just ordered our foil covered chocolate turkeys for thanksgiving. I am diabetic and they have some yummy non chemical tasting chocolates for me too.

I want to add they have some adorable holiday pacs and wrapping.