Respected Contributor

We just experienced the most depressing two days of our lives - I was sitting down then bam ...DH put video on of Dire Straits ‘Walk of Life’ up I got dancing, singing, laughing, we’re back - music makes life good - especially Dire Straits!  Have a good day to all.

Honored Contributor

Re: Music Music Music!

[ Edited ]

Music can heal....or at least show you that life is all a matter of perspective.  Wishing for happier days for you @dulwich 

Regular Contributor

Don't know what has you so down but I can certainly relate in both being depressed and to the music your dh put on.  Love Dire Straits and 'Walk of Life' is a great song!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@dulwich  I LOVE Dire Straits. In my younger days I had their album and almost wore it out.

Love that video, will have to go chekc Youtube. Glad the music made you feel better! I also believe in the restorative power of music.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids  Check out YouTube  Dire Straits ‘ Life on Every Street Tour’  where they play Walk of Life live great one we are bopping to.

Respected Contributor

@dulwich thank you for that.  i did google because i was not familiar ... and i really enjoyed that live performance.  i guess i was way too deep into other things at that point in my life (and probably also way too old) to be aware of this group.  but of course, i recognized the music.   and, again ... thank you ...  and i hope things look up for you. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fancy pantsy   Thank you You’re very welcome! 

Esteemed Contributor

I love that song and love Dire Straits!  Music certainly helps lift a person's spirits.  When I'm having a bad day, music is my go to as a pick me up!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dulwich 

Love Dire Straits....one of my favorites (you MUST hear it), is Skateaway....the video that was made of it long ago is perfect.

Have seen Mark Knopfler in concert twice...perfection.

Also, have seen his brother.  Sadly, that was one of the WORST concerts ever!  I think they were together at one time, but had a falling out.

Music from that era always lifts my spirits.

Honored Contributor

I think music is the answer to a number of things and getting along.