Esteemed Contributor

Re: Murder on Rust Movie Set

He certainly improved the optics.  But he probably won't escape criminal charges and he knows that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@hckynutjohn He is going to be an Executive Producer.  Based on his comments, iit seems that he wants the movie completed in his wife's honor and is doing what's financially best for his son at this point.

@Linmo ...So does this mean that Baldwin & Hutchins will be working on completing the movie together?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

Baldwin:  Lead Actor Continuation 

Hutchins:  New Executive Producer 

Filming Resumes:  January 2023

Filming Completion:  ?

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

[Full Disclosure:  I am not a hater of Alec Baldwin.  Although I do not tend to "feel" his personality type, I have never thought him egregiously horrible as a person except when he made that cruel comment to his daughter.  With his new family, my thoughts were that he must have had a sea change when it came to parenting and he was seeking some sort of redemption.  At least that's what I'd hoped.]

After his initial show of horror, Alec should have kept a much lower profile out of respect for the Hutchins family.  That is where my thoughts went after I began to see him joyfully going to the Hamptons and other geographic locales with his family.  He has a slew of young children, and it would be unwise to look morose around them much of the time, I agree.  However, some moments struck me as tone deaf for someone in his position.  Maybe he didn't know how to act properly.  Would any of us in such a dreadful situation?

I'm not in his shoes, and so it is unfair that I have such criticisms.  Still, from a jaded and cynical point of view, shouldn't he have had his PR people guide him better on his public persona during this time of an accidental death of a young mother, a death to which he contributed one way or another, even without malice or intention?   

Probably the paparazzi bear some responsibility for my opinion of Alec Baldwin during this period that, to me, needed a less prominent and seemingly carefree public presence.  If it weren't for their nosy intrusions into his family life, we rag readers would not have seen the many intimate and happy moments he shared with his family while the Hutchins family mourned their mother/wife.

@golding76 I wonder if he even has PR people.  If he does, he probably does not listen to them.  I think he does what he wants to do, period.  Personally, though I think he is a terrific actor, I think he is a jerk.  During that encounter with Alec and his wife when they stopped their car and were talking in the street with paparazzi that were following them - I know he was agitated.  But, at one point he addressed his wife, and I thought it was very disrespectful, the tone he took with her.  I think he would be very difficult to live with.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Baldwin:  Lead Actor Continuation 

Hutchins:  New Executive Producer 

Filming Resumes:  January 2023

Filming Completion:  ?

@Johnnyeager 

Interesting turn of events!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~