Respected Contributor

Re: Murder on Rust Movie Set

[ Edited ]

IMO, the producers of the film (including Baldwin) and the armorer will be found liable in the civil suits that Halyna's family and others have filed.  It would be hard to prove criminal charges even if they are brought forward.

Honored Contributor

@catwoman48    I saw a picture of the expecting couple and Alec does not look happy.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The armor can and should be charged with negligent homicide. Alec Baldwin should be expected to do his job and not that of the armor and the person who gave him a loaded gun he claimed was safe. Alec followed the directions of the videographer as was his job. 

Esteemed Contributor

WHEN did this become a murder investigation? That would imply forethought. What would be the motive? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Alec better cool his temper before he gets himself locked up.  He has 6 or 7 children to care for.   May the woman that was murdered rest in peace (I apologize for not remembering her name) but she was taken too soon.

She wasn't murdered. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

The armor can and should be charged with negligent homicide. Alec Baldwin should be expected to do his job and not that of the armor and the person who gave him a loaded gun he claimed was safe. Alec followed the directions of the videographer as was his job. 

@occasionalrain   According to Baldwin in his interview with Stephanopolos.

Has there been a finding that he was doing what he was directed to do?

The armorer is now blaming the supplier of the box of blanks, Alec didn't pull the trigger, the director (Hall) is being blamed for not checking the gun, and there had been 2 misfires prior to this tragedy with no meetings with staff to prevent further "misfirings".

Oh, and Halyna would be alive if she didn't direct Alec to point the gun for a camera angle.

And on it goes.  Accusations, blame, "facts" disputed by other staff and "facts' submitted as.........facts.

Yeesh.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Regular Contributor

I myself do not have a gun at this time, however I have shot guns, rifle before, and the only way I know the gun goes off/shoots is when I pull the trigger. Okay, now I've followed Alec and every time he said no no no I didn't pull the trigger , in rapid response, I thought, he probably doesn't remember it from shock. 
  But does it really matter?  What matters is, who put that live round in that gun!!!

Now blaming Alec, a. Least to me is not right. Putting blame on him for irresponsible things that reflect his decisions as part of the business end of it is a different story. 

He can be sued I'm sure but still this is sticky.  Again, I say, where did that bullet come from.  Since this happened, I've watched a ton of gun slinging movies and everyone is alive!!!  And guns were a blazing like crazy. Nobody died. 

I usually wait and follow the evidence before I comment. But so far this is my 2 cents.

The last of it is, usually when there's a murder and the person says "the gun went off" that is typical to hear them say that. But this is make believe,movie making. 

You'd be surprised how many Stars/actors act out in public but they always love to point Mr A Baldwin out for some reason.  You would act out if you got frustrated enough too. But that doesn't make him a Murderer. I'm going to listen to the evidence or what they allow us to know.  Not all will be disclosed, by the way.  And go from there. 

My heart goes out to Helena's family,and friends, so sad, it never should have happened. 

Respected Contributor

I don't understand why real weapons are used on tv and movie sets.  If I was an insurer, I would demand only prop weapons be used.  

Respected Contributor

Just saw on the news that the DA said four people would be charged. I had forgotten that they all knew there was live ammo on the set since some were shooting at lizards and bottles, etc. in-between takes. It is looking worse and worse for Baldwin as well as some of the others, and I imagine one of them may be the scapegoat or Baldwin. 

Respected Contributor

I imagine there will be a civil suit from the victim's family as well. Have you noticed all the happy social media posts recently about Hillaria's 7th baby? They used a surrogate for baby #6 so they have two babies born in the same year. He said this baby would have a "an all American name". I saw the name and it is three hispanic names together. She is still saying she is a latina...I guess the name was her idea instead of his.