Respected Contributor

Re: Murder on Rust Movie Set

Not a fan of Alec Baldwin, but maybe it will teach people to keep their trap shut - him included. 

Alec Baldwin is being haunted online over an old tweet about a California cop shooting dead a violent suspect — in which the actor asked what it felt like to “kill someone” four years before he accidentally shot dead his cinematographer.

Baldwin, 63, had tweeted on Sept. 23, 2017, about Huntington Beach police officer Eric Esparza being caught on video shooting dead Dillan Tabares, 27, who’d punched him and reached for his gun.

“I wonder how it must feel to wrongfully kill someone,” the actor wrote of the police shooting that the Orange County District Attorney’s Office later ruled had been justified.

The tweet came back to haunt him this week after Baldwin accidentally shot dead his new film’s director of photography, Halyna Hutchins, 42, and injured its director, Joel Souza, 48, on the New Mexico set of “Rust.”

“Maybe you can answer that question now?” wrote another Twitter user sharing Baldwin’s quote, with many sharing images of the quote next to headlines about Baldwin’s fatal accident on “Rust.”

Others were harsher, with one person saying it was an example of “when the self-righteous demonstrate hypocrisy.”

“I hope you learn to be a better person to others who make mistakes in their lives,” someone else tweeted, offering her “prayers” to the star for having “wrongfully killed someone” himself.

May she rest in peace.  How awful for her husband and son.  Especially since Alec never hesitated to go online and share pics of his happy family around Halloween right after this happened, while her child and son were still grieving for their mother and wife.  Then he goes and does an interview.  He needs to lay low and respect her family, IMO.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

This is not about ordinary situations. Do you honestly believe that no guns are pointed at actors in films? There was no live ammunition allowed on that set.  Still, it would have been checked by the armor, then again by the man who handed Alec the gun saying it was unloaded as he handed it to him. Making an issue of Alec depressing the trigger or not is irrelevant. Moreover, the gun could have been cooked as it was handed over and fired without intentionally touching the trigger.8

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Katcat1, news just in that Alec and Hilaria are expecting baby #7.
Esteemed Contributor

I figured @Pearlee  I just didn’t know exactly what or how it works. Thanks for clarification.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

catwoman48,

Learned within last 20 minutes that Baldwin baby #7 arrived September 22.

Here she is!  God bless her.  So much strife while she was gestating.

Baby mine: 'She’s here! We are so excited to introduce you to our tiny dream come true, ilaria catalina irena,' the star wrote

Respected Contributor

Baldwin would be wise to just keep his mouth shut from this point forward. I am sure the comments he has made so far about the incident will come back to haunt him when there is a trial.

Honored Contributor

It was an accidental death, it wasn't murderer.  As much as the Baldwin haters want this to be all about him.  The fact is, the blame rests squarely on the shoulders of the armored who was negligent.  But!  Baldwin as one of the producers does bear some responsibilities for the actions of the workers on that set.  The state might have that paltry amout set aside for a trial but Baldwin and the insurance companies will spend 20 times that on a trial.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It was an accidental death, it wasn't murderer.  As much as the Baldwin haters want this to be all about him.  The fact is, the blame rests squarely on the shoulders of the armored who was negligent.  But!  Baldwin as one of the producers does bear some responsibilities for the actions of the workers on that set.  The state might have that paltry amout set aside for a trial but Baldwin and the insurance companies will spend 20 times that on a trial.

@chrystaltree I agree that the tragic death of the cinematographer was an accident and that those involved should bear some responsibility. What I don't understand is why movie sets have to use real guns. In this day and age they can't make realistic looking fake ones?

Esteemed Contributor

Baldwin should face charges....i am sure it was an accident

but Baldwin should be held responsible......but knowing the way the world works today all he will get will be a slap on

the wrist and a fine.............

Hearing the statements he has made in public. ....the man has no remorse and only thinks of  himself.

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 

Lacking remorse, thinking only of one's self, even being unlikable is not illegal, not even a misdemeanor.  I neither like nor dislike Alec Baldwin. No matter how much some want to blame him, he is just not responsible for her death.