Honored Contributor

Re: Multiple Piercings and Tattoos

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@RainCityWoman

i've never heard nor seen it done in the ears before.  did it hurt?

No, the piercings are in my ears, not the tatt.  I had mine done on my front forearm just below where my elbow bends. I think there are probably people who HAVE had them done on their ears, but I haven't seen it. The forearm hurt, but was not excruciating. The outlining was more painful than the color fill in. The more tender skin on the body hurts more, and the closer to the bone, like the ankle bone, the more painful. I picked an area where I thought there was tougher skin.

Yep; you can Google-research tatt location recommendations from experts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

Oh and they both have "ear plugs" and honestly, they always have something in their ears so I'm not really sure what they look like w/o the plugs. I know my son has had them for years and yes, I wonder how that would be fixed to normal. I assume by plastic surgery.

It's called an "earlobe gauge", & they come in several sizes.  8)

Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Wow, this whole 'those kind of people' type thing is rather disturbing.  Smiley Sad

I think I'll just give them the benefit of the doubt and presume they are very old-fashioned in their ideas.  Those kinds of remarks along with the "dirty and nasty" remarks are relics of another time and indicative of people who have very rigid ideas of how people should look. 

I haven't taken the plunge to get a tattoo yet, but some of my dearest friends have them and they are beautiful.  They are professional , responsible people who just happen to like tattoos.  

Your current adorable avatar (static, of course!) would make a great one.  Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

on this topic just had to laugh my son has a slot machine on his arm -- it's so darn funny because on the winning line is --

Bar-Cherry-double bar = loser! Because he used to go to AC and only thing he did was lose (til he got smart and stayed away!) but he has a beautiful tattoo of a NJ tradition "pork roll, egg, cheese on Kaiser roll" with mom above it. Why? Because it's our fav sandwich and of course has a cross inscribed with his brothers name who is a cancer survivor.

So really most of their tattoos have meaning. And honestly good thing he's in a relationship with a tattoo artist as I know for a fact the larger the tattoo the more $$$$.

She owns a shop and its spotless 2 of my good friends in their 60s just got a few. They've been trying to convince me -- no way, I'm a chicken and hate needles even to give blood🙀!

Yeah!  The divine state sandwich!  

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Lots of young people must have lots of money to spend now-a-days.......

That can be said of anyone, and it's not nice to just assume.

You're judging without facts.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I think there are a lot of professional, more conservative offices that don't want and won't allow visible tattoos.  I work for a law firm.  Yes one of my bosses has a tattoo but it's on his upper arm so it will never be visible.  I can guarantee that if any employee walked in here with a visible tattoo, it would be frowned upon and I can guarantee that if someone showed up for an interview tatted up or with multiple, visible piercings, they wouldn't be hired. 

I have a relative who is a partner in a large, prominent law firm.  She said they will not hire people who come in showing tattoos or have eyes, nose, lip, etc. piercings.  They interview them but it's a waste of time because they aren't getting the job.

All that is, is an example of prejudice. Employers can ask that a tattoo be covered, but instead they'd rather use prejudice in hiring decisions. Tattoo cover makeup has been out for a very long time. I know someone that covered their tattoos with makeup for their job, in the 1980s. There is no reason to not hire someone with a tattoo regardless of the job. 

I wonder why a person going to an interview in a conversative setting wouldn't cover their visible tattoos and remove piercings BEFORE he/she went for the interview.

Maybe it's because they want to be hired as their AUTHENTIC selves.

Respected Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Marp wrote:

I have a tattoo question.  Would the picture below translate well as a tattoo and how would it hold up over time?

Cats-eyes.jpg

The eyes would be fabulous as a tatt. The solid black box I'm not so sure of. First of all, it wouldn't be as black as that looks. Secondly, it might look better if it were in an actual shape of a cat's head oer possibly just feathered out from the eyes in less of a geometric shape. To each his own I guess. I'd ask the artist for his or her point of view.

Marp

Just an idea:  you could also have just the eyes (gold, green, amber, or blue) and whiskers; totally feline.  Cat Happy

I agree.  Or some kind of shading the isn't necessarily a block of black.   A good tattoo artist might give you ideas.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Contributor

I personally don't like them. But what I know from being an RN,is are not all tattoos are always pretty after 20yrs. Now to remove them requires @least >4 painful laser removal procedures that are very painful & your skin never looks the same + skin usually retains blurry looking colors. I also have heard a lot of post regrets, & have seen tv shows based on getting tattoos covered up! I just would like people to be informed of all the info before having it done. Also removal is not insurance covered & each session of laser starts AT $1000+. Again just want people to know there can be cons.

Respected Contributor

I'm 61 years old and I'm seeing more and more people of all ages with tattoos and multiple piercings and it personally doesn't bother me at all, to each their own.  I think if someone is applying for a job, they would be smart enough to know whether the place they're applying to would approve of tattoos and/or mulitiple piercings and plan accordingly. 

Esteemed Contributor

Why is it that anytime someone doesn't care for something they are called narrow minded, prejudiced, or judgemental??  Must we all jump on every bandwagon that comes down the street??