Contributor

Re: Most Memorable Christmas Gift??

A gift from my son-in-law.  He was a police officer & first responder at the World Trade Center.  Several years later all first responders were honored at a ceremony and given a special ornament for their service on that day.  He gifted me with the ornament.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3  LOL! Yeah, right!

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter What lovely grandparents you had, how kind.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Cakers3  LOL! Yeah, right!

@Love my grandkids   On my honor.  I think it was the cat.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

My MIL made 12" high ceramic frogs sitting on toilets reading a magazine in her ceramics class for everyone.

It broke accidentally.

You mean like the leg lamp in A Christmas Story? 😉

Honored Contributor

December 24th, our daughters birthday, she's our only so we aren't playing favorites! Smiley Happy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

My MIL made 12" high ceramic frogs sitting on toilets reading a magazine in her ceramics class for everyone.

It broke accidentally.

@Cakers3 ...accidentally...Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha  Love your story! I think I mentioned this last year, but my most memorable gift was the pair of white ice skates I got in 8th grade. I was always kind of embarrassed about having to wear my brothers' black hand-me-downs. I'll never forget those beautiful skates! The inside liner was bright icy blue with snowflakes. 

Respected Contributor

I have two.  

When I was in the fourth grade, I got a new bike.  It was a Schwinn and it was MAGENTA, which was my favorite color!  I can still remember waking up and seeing that bike in the living room by the tree.

As an adult, a few years ago, my mom bought me a ring that we had seen in a local jewelry store when we were browsing.  It had caught my eye, but I decided it was too expensive to purchase.  This was in August.

She went back and bought it and gave it to me for Christmas.  It was a big surprise, as I had no idea.  It's a ring that has pave stones of amethyst, tanzanzite, blue topaz, and a few diamonds in a cushion shape.  My favorite colors, and I love that ring.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

When my cousin and I were 6 years old, we both wanted a Toni doll for Christmas. Toni was a doll that came with shampoo, perm solution (sugar water), little perm rods and end papers.

You could perm and style her hair and she had the cutest 50's

dresses.

Christmas morning, we were disappointed when Santa did not bring our Toni dolls.

Later in the day, all the aunts, uncles and cousins gathered at our grandmother's house. She surprised us with our Toni dolls.

We were very happy.

That night, my father, mother, brother and I went to visit my other grandmother, who lived in a different city. She also gave me a Toni doll.

One doll was a lemon blond and the other a platinum blond.

I have kept those dolls and in recent years collected a few more. You may see a Toni posted occasionally, wearing dresses that I designed and sewed for them.