Respected Contributor

Most Memorable Christmas Gift??

[ Edited ]

We have had quite a few Christmas gifts along the way.  Some are remembered and others, not so much.  I think, for most, there is one gift that stays with you through the years.

I will never forget one year, after packages were opened, my dad said he had to leave for a bit to do something very important. 

A few months before Christmas, our beloved dog had passed away.  We were all mourning the loss and did not even discuss another one.

Well, about an hour later, in comes my dad with a full grown Weimaraner.  We almost fell over.  Of course, everything was pandemonium.

We had a small house at the time and dog ran wild knocking into everything, including the Christmas tree. 

Nope, will never forget that one!

Weimaraner Dog Breed Information, Pictures, Characteristics ...

How about you?  Do you remember a gift you will never forget?

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Re: Most Memorable Christmas Gift

[ Edited ]

@Mersha I have a few but one I especially treasure is from my son. Just out of high school and working stock at Mervyn's (how I miss that store) for Christmas he gave me a lovely bracelet. It is gold, very small links, and just beautiful.

He was so proud that he was able to buy it from his own salary and said to me, very earnestly, "It's real gold, mom." I will treasure it always and I can still hear him saying it. OK, need a tissue now.

Honored Contributor

Re: Most Memorable Christmas Gift??

Flannel pajamas and slippers from my grandparents.  Every Christmas my grandma would buy me pajamas and slippers.  Since we could not afford a lot of clothes, this was a gift that was truly welcomed each December.

Super Contributor

@Love my grandkids - I need a tissue now, too!💗. How sweet.

Esteemed Contributor

When my sister and I were 9 year's old, we got accordions.  We took lessons for 6 years and had so much fun.  

Glenda

Respected Contributor

In 1993, my dad made my mom a real nice hutch. He was a carpenter and it was really nice. Both my sister and I admired it. Fast forward to Christmas and he had made us each a hutch with the year and "Love, Dad" on the back. That was his last Christmas. He passed unexpectedly in Oct. 1994. It sits here a few feet from me. Now I'm crying.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids My momma asked what I wanted after my daddy passed when I was in the 8th grade.  I said I would like a dog that I could love and would love me back.  Sure enough, Christmas morning I received a miniature schnauzer puppy, Benji.  We shared lots of love, hugs and snuggles for 14 years.

Super Contributor

Jesus got gifts. It's not necessary to buy gifts. Just respect worship enjoy.
Honored Contributor

My first stereo. My folks had convinced me that it wasn't in the cards that Christmas, so I really wasn't expecting it. While I was busy in the kitchen with my mom on Christmas Eve, my dad and uncle set up the stereo and when I heard the overture from West Side Story, ( my then obsession ) I was totally surprised and so darn happy. You see I was the nosey kid that you could never surprise and I'll never forget that present. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

We have had quite a few Christmas gifts along the way.  Some are remembered and others, not so much.  I think, for most, there is one gift that stays with you through the years.

I will never forget one year, after packages were opened, my dad said he had to leave for a bit to do something very important. 

A few months before Christmas, our beloved dog had passed away.  We were all mourning the loss and did not even discuss another one.

Well, about an hour later, in comes my dad with a full grown Weimaraner.  We almost fell over.  Of course, everything was pandemonium.

We had a small house at the time and dog ran wild knocking into everything, including the Christmas tree. 

Nope, will never forget that one!

Weimaraner Dog Breed Information, Pictures, Characteristics ...

How about you?  Do you remember a gift you will never forget?

~~~~~~~

@Mersha 

Now that's a WHOLE LOTTA "Christmas Gift!"

Your Dad must have had/has a WHOLE LOTTA *love for you!"  Heart