Valued Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@surfk wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

I don't see the need to repeat an unfounded rumor which had been denied by both parties, especially since it has nothing to do with her murder.

It is mentioned and being brought up again since its now a murder investigation.

Ten years of such a rumor is a long time for something completely unfounded to go on. And many people who knew them during those ten years state they they all thought that they had planned to get married. That's an interesting perception of things for those around you to have when they're looking at your relationship.

But its true. Freeman and Hines both strongly denied the rumor's veracity, ultimately.

And that may have been it...had E'dena not now been murdered.

And murdered in such a strange way which seems to implicate some sort of exorcism or psychiatric break by her boyfriend over something "immoral" (happening within his own mind regarding her).

It doesn't make it true that Freeman and Hines were anything but in the relationship as they describe.

(Although...Soon Yi...). lol

Instead, its comes to the fore again as people try to piece together what all could have been the impetus for such a horrific, ballsy murder right on the street. I don't think any scenario leading to all of this is ruled out at this point anyway.

I mean, talk about a crime a passion meeting insanity: to stab a loved one right on a city sidewalk is pretty dang out there to the extreme.

But the murder has nothing to do with Morgan Freeman except for their past family relationship

They know who killed her, they have her roommate/boyfriend in custody, and they have witnesses who saw him kill her while yelling religious phrases.

Well, Freeman was still very much in her life. She's been mentored by him, etc, in her acting. Not implicating that its anything more than that. Although for some reason these rumors plagued them till they had to make a public statement just a couple of years ago denying it.

Most likely, a cocaine freak out or some drug related thing will be at the core of this murder. They do know who murdered her and how and where apparently.

Why though isn't quite so clear as of yet.

I think that one can never account for what free-basing or whatnot might do to one's mind. A lot of such exorcism-murder things seem drug-fueled.

The Freeman-Hines rumor though only resurfaces as one wonders if - while hopped up on coke or whatnot - something the boyfriend knew or thought or sensed or feared about that relationship may have played some role in turning on her.

Perhaps it didn't at all. But one just doesn't know yet for sure.

Respected Contributor
Such a tragedy. What a talented young lady with such a bright future. She went to college with my DD. So full of spunk and kindness. RIP beautiful girl you will never be forgotten and will forever be missed and loved.
Respected Contributor

I believe the rumors that Morgan was romantically involved with this young woman.

Respected Contributor

Of course the long-standing relationship between them would come to mind and of course they would deny it. Afterall, aside from the age difference, it would involve incest of a sort and statutory rape, reminiscent of Woody Allen and his partner's legal child.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

http://nypost.com/2015/08/21/freeman-granddaughters-killer-hated-by-psych-ward-inmates/

Alleged killer hated by psych ward inmates who are big Freeman fans.  I think he'd better watch his back!

Valued Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

Of course the long-standing relationship between them would come to mind and of course they would deny it. Afterall, aside from the age difference, it would involve incest of a sort and statutory rape, reminiscent of Woody Allen and his partner's legal child.

NO INCEST< SHE was his STEP GRANDDAUGHTER.   They could have just had a close relationship.  

Valued Contributor

@surfk wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@surfk wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

I don't see the need to repeat an unfounded rumor which had been denied by both parties, especially since it has nothing to do with her murder.

It is mentioned and being brought up again since its now a murder investigation.

Ten years of such a rumor is a long time for something completely unfounded to go on. And many people who knew them during those ten years state they they all thought that they had planned to get married. That's an interesting perception of things for those around you to have when they're looking at your relationship.

But its true. Freeman and Hines both strongly denied the rumor's veracity, ultimately.

And that may have been it...had E'dena not now been murdered.

And murdered in such a strange way which seems to implicate some sort of exorcism or psychiatric break by her boyfriend over something "immoral" (happening within his own mind regarding her).

It doesn't make it true that Freeman and Hines were anything but in the relationship as they describe.

(Although...Soon Yi...). lol

Instead, its comes to the fore again as people try to piece together what all could have been the impetus for such a horrific, ballsy murder right on the street. I don't think any scenario leading to all of this is ruled out at this point anyway.

I mean, talk about a crime a passion meeting insanity: to stab a loved one right on a city sidewalk is pretty dang out there to the extreme.

But the murder has nothing to do with Morgan Freeman except for their past family relationship

They know who killed her, they have her roommate/boyfriend in custody, and they have witnesses who saw him kill her while yelling religious phrases.

Well, Freeman was still very much in her life. She's been mentored by him, etc, in her acting. Not implicating that its anything more than that. Although for some reason these rumors plagued them till they had to make a public statement just a couple of years ago denying it.

Most likely, a cocaine freak out or some drug related thing will be at the core of this murder. They do know who murdered her and how and where apparently.

Why though isn't quite so clear as of yet.

I think that one can never account for what free-basing or whatnot might do to one's mind. A lot of such exorcism-murder things seem drug-fueled.

The Freeman-Hines rumor though only resurfaces as one wonders if - while hopped up on coke or whatnot - something the boyfriend knew or thought or sensed or feared about that relationship may have played some role in turning on her.

Perhaps it didn't at all. But one just doesn't know yet for sure.

Just because her boyfriend was yelling at her and angry does not mean it had ANYTHING to do with old rumors,....people are always looking for an angle,  Hollywood sees two people together and right away they are "a couple" "pregnant" "planning a life" "having an affair"  when really all it is is a close relationship...I go places with my grown stepson and we are friendly and close to each other, DOES NOT mean I am having an affair with him.

Honored Contributor

@stazgirl wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

NO INCEST< SHE was his STEP GRANDDAUGHTER.   They could have just had a close relationship.  

It was not a story that appeared once or twice in the tabloids.  They were seen together frequently exhibiting behavior that would suggest a relationship other than a doting grandfather.

After a Red Carpet event, I remember Joan Rivers commenting about their behavior in addition to critiquing his attire.

They were both adults.

Valued Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@stazgirl wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

It was not a story that appeared once or twice in the tabloids.  They were seen together frequently exhibiting behavior that would suggest a relationship other than a doting grandfather.

After a Red Carpet event, I remember Joan Rivers commenting about their behavior in addition to critiquing his attire.

They were both adults.

IF they were BOTH ADULTS and she was his STEP GRAND DAUGHTER from his first wife who he divorced when she was still a child....There is no LEGAL complications, true, I am not condoning, but, legally speaking, he is not blood related to the girl.   And personally, I imagine if someone saw my stepson hug me goodnight and kiss me on the check,(without my husband being near)  the right tabloid (if this was Hollywood) would blow it up into a "relationship"