Honored Contributor

Re: Mogul disowns his daughter and grandkids

In the last interview I read (and I admit not wasting much time on this drama), LaTanya herself told the reporter that she rented the SUV in California, so she could do Door Dash and Uber Eats.

Renting an SUV at $2700 for three weeks to deliver food?  She must've been expecting huge tips.

Also, she said that she left California with the rented car and fled to Nevada.  She said she expects "they'll come for the car" any day now.  She knowingly left the state with a rented car that she's no longer paying for?  And she says she's "in debt".  Is that supposed to garner sympathy?

So who rents an expensive car and then does a runner?  (The rental company will treat that like theft, I would think.)

The fact that she admits he paid her rent and gave her an allowance right up to January 2020, seems to me to say he's had enough of her thinking she's entitled to his money.  At 38 she should be able to take care of herself.

And, as someone else has already commented, right now there are plenty of jobs out there for anyone who actually needs to work.  It may not be the job she wants, but most of us have been in that position at some point or another.

Honored Contributor

No parent should be responsible for supporting a 38 yr. old able bodied child. 

She should be working to support her 4 kids instead of badmouthing her dad. I suspect he enabled for a long time.

Why do people think that are entitled to other people's money? Warren Buffet has it right. 

Way too much laziness and expecting handouts in this country. Time for a change and hopefully soon. 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

No parent should be responsible for supporting a 38 yr. old able bodied child. 

She should be working to support her 4 kids instead of badmouthing her dad. I suspect he enabled for a long time.

Why do people think that are entitled to other people's money? Warren Buffet has it right. 

Way too much laziness and expecting handouts in this country. Time for a change and hopefully soon. 

I shudder to think that people bring a child into this world, abandon them at the age of 5, take no responsibility and when they grow up and find them in trouble, leave them for the taxpayers to assist. 

As far as the super rich not leaving $$$ to their children. Are we really that naive to think it isn't a ploy to reduce taxes on their estate? The rich claim this all the time about leaving their kids nothing. Go ask the attorneys who handle their estates. 10 million of it is not taxed, after that? These people like Buffet throw out this nonsense when in reality, it is all a lot of !?!?. 

Honored Contributor

I don't put much stock into stories that come out of DailyMail or Page Six.

Maybe she should have gone to trade school or gotten an education that would have resulted in better jobs than delivery driver?  I'm not sure why, as a grown adult, she thinks her daddy should support her.  

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It seems harsh but is his business and none of ours.  I'm sure he could cite reasons if he chose to do so. 

I agree. We do not know both sides. There were obviously some serious family issues for them not to talk for 18 years. It is difficult to have any kind of opinion without hearing what the Father has to say.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

I couldn't not help my grandkids no matter what.

Dr. Dre (Andre Romell Young) has a 38 year old daughter he is not on good terms with.  She is telling the local news that she's homeless and living out of her car in California.  She has four children, but that they live with friends and not in the car with her.  LaTanya admitted Dr. Dre, has helped her over the years by paying her rent and giving her an allowance, but that supposedly ended in January 2020.  She cites the reason he gives is because she spoke about him in the press.

Her father (founder of Beats of by Dre) was worth more than $800MM dollars as a result of that sale to Apple years ago.  LaTanya said she hasn't spoken with her father in 18 years. 

He also has taken another financial hit with his recent divorce from long time wife Nicole Young.

I don't know what she said in the media about him, but he could think of his grandkids and help them w/o helping her.

I really can't imagine not helping my kids & grandchildren!  First the grandkids are still children so it's not their fault concerning their circumstances.

As for the adult child / parent relationship I have no idea what happened but I still can't imagine not helping particularly when I have more money than I know what to do with!

Honored Contributor

All I can say about estates is that although we will leave some to our charities, the rest will go to our daughter and family. I can't imagine doing differently, but @Trinity11's post made me realize not to take what some bigwigs say regarding their wills.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

All I can say about estates is that although we will leave some to our charities, the rest will go to our daughter and family. I can't imagine doing differently, but @Trinity11's post made me realize not to take what some bigwigs say regarding their wills.

@suzyQ3 , I showed my husband 15 billionaires/multi-millionaires statements claiming they weren't leaving $$$ to their kids. He laughed out loud and proceeded to tell me about the tax loopholes and clever little ways these people leave $$$ to their heirs. Meanwhile, they tell the public how it is being left to charity...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The daughter is homeless, but she is working for Door Dash and at a place where she assembles parts. The car she lives in is a rental SUV. Her three kids are staying with friends right now. There's a decent article about her in The Daily Mail if anyone is interested.