Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mogul disowns his daughter and grandkids

[ Edited ]

@Zernia Rose wrote:

@gertrudecloset @Based on media reports, Dr. Dre allegedly viciously beat a woman reporter  D. Barnes for "disrespecting him" and allegedly beat singer Michele among other acts of violence.  See an article in The Atlantic published in 2015 and others for additional information. Barnes filed a lawsuit against him and he settled out of court and pled out in the court case.

He attributed his violence towards and attitudes toward women as being f-----d out of his mind.  All of this has led me not to purchase his music, watch films about his former group NWA, or purchase Beats headphones.

I believe his estranged daughter stated she was working two jobs.

Yes.  I said he wasn't nice in one of these posts @Zernia Rose .  He's come a long way from that gangsta rap, but he's not known for being nice.  They passed Michele le around.  She wound up with Suge Knight who is now in jail thank goodness.  She can sing and she made one hit song when she was hanging around those fools.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Dysfunctional

Trusted Contributor

I wonder if there are drugs/alcohol/mental illness involved. Maybe he has told her she needs to get help and she refuses? I've seen it before. Parents are allowed to reach their breaking point with adult children.

She sounds like she needs a social worker.

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager It is 100% NONE of your business. The fact that various media sources are choosing to talk about this does NOT make it "your" business. Sounds like some folks would benefit from a class in Logic 101.

Esteemed Contributor

According to an article I read she is married but a single mother,  her children are living in Nevada.  The oldest, Tatiyana is 16, Rhiana is 13, D'Andre is 8 and her youngest, Jason III is 3.  No information was given about the husband.

Also, the way I read the article she was earning $15 an hour as a warehouse worker but is not working there at this time.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Well, if you trust the stories that the media puts out, then just about anything goes! I think there must be quite a bit to this saga/drama that isn't mentioned. As far as what he should or shouldn't do, it's none of my business!

Esteemed Contributor

Warren Buffett doesn't give monies to his kids either.  As previously stated, there is probably a good reason why Dr. Dre stopped supporting her.  And a good reason, why she hasn't spoken to him in 18 years.

At 38 yrs of age, one should be able to support oneself and ones' children. Also, the children's father(s).

If she is in LA County, the Dept of Child Support aggressively goes after deadbeat dads to support their children.

I suppose going to the press is a way of shaming her father into providing for her.

Respected Contributor

Why doesn't she go after her baby daddy(s) for child support?  She seems a little old to be expecting child support for herself from HER dad.

Also, where is her mother?  Why couldn't she live with her instead of in a car?

There are always two sides to every story.  

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

Why doesn't she go after her baby daddy(s) for child support?  She seems a little old to be expecting child support for herself from HER dad.

Also, where is her mother?  Why couldn't she live with her instead of in a car?

There are always two sides to every story.  

Seriously? @DottieBlue 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset 

I'm missing the point after reading your post. Gonna guess that some think it is their duty to help their adult kids financially till what age?

Speaking from a childless(by choice) person. Wanna fill me in? I also have no idea who these people are, should I? 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)