QVC Customer Care

Re: @Moderators, I Sincerely Apologize

@Poodlepet2

Not to worry! It is all good....

Beth QVC

Valued Contributor

I'm glad we have this forum. But, I think the mods sometimes remove posts that aren't "bad, mean or unkind". They're doing their jobs but, I truly think it's sometimes over kill on some posts that are simply someone's true opinion or post. 

If someone swearing, bullying, of being aggressive that's one thing. But sometimes when expressing an opinion or statement, they need to realize we're all adults. Most people here are truly good & helpful. It's the trolls they need to look out for!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Gemspirit, you make some great points.  In general, I think that social media would improve markedly if moderation would focus not so much on "forbidden topics", but on forbidden behavior.  As soon as someone personally attacked another poster, their post would be history.  The "rules of engagement" on line should follow those that prevail in civil society--  it's ok to disagree, and even disagree pointedly, but with respect.  No name-calling, no questioning the motives of another poster, no rudeness period.

I believe the bullying and the rude mob mentality that prevails in some social media would go down to zero if every post that exhibited such was swiftly eliminated.

Honored Contributor

And, although I didn't see Poodlepet2's original thread, It's hard to believe that such a decent person of goodwill needs to apologize so abjectly.  Poodlepet2 is not one I would ever thing of as a "provocation" on line--  she's such a sweetheart!