Honored Contributor

Re: Missing University of Utah Student

I don’t understand why the police say they have no reason to think she is in danger....I think they have every reason to think she’s in danger! Shame on them for not treating this more seriously. Everything about the released info points to something serious. I pray there is a happy ending and she turns up safe and unharmed.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The driver dropped her off at a park?

'Could be' that she met someone, and they planned to secretly meet at a park, maybe because he's married, popular, or something similar...........

Why would someone meet someone else at a park?

In the dark, no less.

'That is the question'...........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I don’t understand why the police say they have no reason to think she is in danger....I think they have every reason to think she’s in danger! Shame on them for not treating this more seriously. Everything about the released info points to something serious. I pray there is a happy ending and she turns up safe and unharmed.

Maybe the police know more than they are releasing to the public.

Maybe they want whoever has her to relax, and think that they got away with it, therefore, make mistakes which will lead to his capture.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

ETA:  My theory has a hole in it.  The young lady would have keyed in the address in her Lyft request, so there goes my great theory.  Unless... something else happened to her original submission.  I'm still working on this.

Of course the Lyft driver knows how his company operates and would be clever enough to evade the snares of the accumulated online data collected about him and his passengers if he chose to do something evil.

Just suppose for a moment that he and a friend decided to abduct young girls for acts of moral turpitude.  Or even to sell them to those in s_x slavery trafficking.  Perhaps he had  childproof doors and this young lady could not escape.  He overccame her and subdued her in some manner.  He then handed her over to his colleague waiting at the park.  Since the park is on record, he has to account for it.  Good anonymous handover point, too.  Probably no one there to witness the exchange of the victim.

The plan, of course, would be one that was already in place and all the Lyft driver needed to do was signal (text) his partner in crime.  There have been wilder schemes in the annals of crime.

Then the driver picks up his next passengers for the remainder of his work evening.

Yes, a lot of imagined thoughts going on here, but sadly, all possible.  Why does this young lady seem like someone who would not run away and hide?  Was she not ready for her midterms?  Could it be as simple as this and she is hiding until she feels sympathy for her is high enough and she can emerge and be forgiven?  Finals?  Take them another time.  All forgiven.

Somehow, she does not seem to be that conniving or manipulative from what her sorority sisters have said about her and the bits the parents have conveyed.

Frankly, I am worried about her welfare.  It would be wonderful if I can be proved to have too much imagination.

Honored Contributor

I was just reading up on today's events.  The lyft driver, a female, has been cleared.  The girl was driver off at the park and met up with whomever she was meeting.  No clues on who that was.  Police are checking all the houses around the park to see if anyone saw anything.

Meeting someone at the park in the middle of the night doesn't sound good.  To not tell anyone seems even odder.  I would guess the police are checking her phone records.  They know her phone was turned off after the text to her parents and hasn't been turned on.  

Honored Contributor

The meeting seems like someone she met online and explains the breakup with her boyfriend. That he/she didn't pick her up from the airport seems suspicious and should have concerned her. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76 wrote:

ETA:  My theory has a hole in it.  The young lady would have keyed in the address in her Lyft request, so there goes my great theory.  Unless... something else happened to her original submission.  I'm still working on this.

Of course the Lyft driver knows how his company operates and would be clever enough to evade the snares of the accumulated online data collected about him and his passengers if he chose to do something evil.

Just suppose for a moment that he and a friend decided to abduct young girls for acts of moral turpitude.  Or even to sell them to those in s_x slavery trafficking.  Perhaps he had  childproof doors and this young lady could not escape.  He overccame her and subdued her in some manner.  He then handed her over to his colleague waiting at the park.  Since the park is on record, he has to account for it.  Good anonymous handover point, too.  Probably no one there to witness the exchange of the victim.

The plan, of course, would be one that was already in place and all the Lyft driver needed to do was signal (text) his partner in crime.  There have been wilder schemes in the annals of crime.

Then the driver picks up his next passengers for the remainder of his work evening.

Yes, a lot of imagined thoughts going on here, but sadly, all possible.  Why does this young lady seem like someone who would not run away and hide?  Was she not ready for her midterms?  Could it be as simple as this and she is hiding until she feels sympathy for her is high enough and she can emerge and be forgiven?  Finals?  Take them another time.  All forgiven.

Somehow, she does not seem to be that conniving or manipulative from what her sorority sisters have said about her and the bits the parents have conveyed.

Frankly, I am worried about her welfare.  It would be wonderful if I can be proved to have too much imagination.

Sounds like a Lifetime movie plot.

I think that the Lyft driver just picked her up, and then just droped her off at the park, nothing more, and certainly nothing nefarious.

Besides, the FEMALE driver has been cleared of any and all wrong-doing.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Did not know Lyft driver was a female.

Back to thinking of what has happened to her.

Honored Contributor

It's always important to remember that people are not always what they may seem to be. People can and do harbor secrets. And young people are especially impulsive.

The best hope is that that's what has occurred in this case.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@golding76  I am concerned too. I recall what happened to the young lady  that got into the wrong car,  by mistake

People are too trusting, I fear

May God protect her