Respected Contributor

Re: Missing Alabama woman Carlee is home and safe

@Sage04 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Her parents were on the Today show today.  I didn't see it, but it showed up in my Facebood news feed from AL.com.  

“There were definitely moments where she fought for her life. There were moments she had to physically fight for her life and there were moments she had to mentally fight for her life.” - Talitha Russell on her daughter Carlee Russell on the Today show

@Icegoddess  what I don't understand is did she exit and then went around a second time to ask the child if he is ok? You have to keep up with traffic on a highway so she would have had to pass the child and exit.

Another thing, was there another car parked close to the child? A toddler would not stand in one spot, he would walk around especially if he was scared and maybe end up in traffic. He was very obedient.

Glad to know that she is fighter and was able to get away. Guess her parents believe her and that's what counts. The verdict is still out.

@Sage04 :  I have watched the real time video of her exiting the interstate many, many times.  There were no other cars parked on the side other than her car.  No trucker or any other vehicle pulled in front of her.  The surprising thing is that she started her flashers about 1/4 mile from the exit and continued to drive on the side of the road, finally stopping.  You can see her getting out of her car but that's about all.  It then showes HPD coming along side of her car.  As I have stated before, there is a huge subdivision right through those trees that she could walk through.  I don't know about her exiting and then coming back but the ALDOT probably would have released that video if that were the case.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Her parents were on the Today show today.  I didn't see it, but it showed up in my Facebood news feed from AL.com.  

“There were definitely moments where she fought for her life. There were moments she had to physically fight for her life and there were moments she had to mentally fight for her life.” - Talitha Russell on her daughter Carlee Russell on the Today show

@Icegoddess  what I don't understand is did she exit and then went around a second time to ask the child if he is ok? You have to keep up with traffic on a highway so she would have had to pass the child and exit.

Another thing, was there another car parked close to the child? A toddler would not stand in one spot, he would walk around especially if he was scared and maybe end up in traffic. He was very obedient.

Glad to know that she is fighter and was able to get away. Guess her parents believe her and that's what counts. The verdict is still out.

@Sage04 :  I have watched the real time video of her exiting the interstate many, many times.  There were no other cars parked on the side other than her car.  No trucker or any other vehicle pulled in front of her.  The surprising thing is that she started her flashers about 1/4 mile from the exit and continued to drive on the side of the road, finally stopping.  You can see her getting out of her car but that's about all.  It then showes HPD coming along side of her car.  As I have stated before, there is a huge subdivision right through those trees that she could walk through.  I don't know about her exiting and then coming back but the ALDOT probably would have released that video if that were the case.  

@Hoovermom  what seems strange also is that she called her brother's girlfriend. 911 always tells you to stay on the phone until help arrives. I just can't see a toddler just standing there. It would be great if the subdivision has cameras. Won't be surprise if no one finds out what really happened.

Respected Contributor

i think it was some kind of mental breakdown or drugs. I don't think it was a hoax, though. There have been no indications that anyone kiddnapped her or anything. Her family will say they need privacy, etc and police will take months to decide if a crime was commited and are able to prosecute. if we hear the truth, it will be a long time coming.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm having a little trouble with Carlee walking up to the door and knocking and then going inside to her parents and passing out.

It certainly was an overwhelmingly emotional moment for everyone. The 911 call recording clearly states "unresponsive but breathing."

Carlee was kept in the hospital for 12 hours. It seems to be a short time for someone who was fighting for her life, mentally and physically, for two days. 

It's time for the police to tell the public if there was or wasn't an abduction. No other details are necessary right now.

Honored Contributor

The main thing is that she's home and alive.

Could have been many bad things that could have happened to her, even if she (allegedly) wasn't abducted.

Not saying that she wasn't, just that something bad could happen to a person wandering around in a dark wooded area.  At night. 

Someone else could park along the road and follow her into the trees/woods.

All sorts of things can happen to any one of us, sad to say.

Keep safe and well.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Yes, it's a blessing that she's home safe, but an explanation is due to the public.  She had 60 detectives working on her case and many people across the country worried about her and praying for a safe return.  

Since the police are not in a hurry to catch the mystery abductor or wandering toddler, the story appears to be a hoax.  Also - why did her family have to hire an attorney now?  

Respected Contributor

Apparently the large reward donations to Crimestoppers have been returned, and people who made small donations have been given the option of having their money refunded or leaving it for future use.

Is that the equivalent of stating "there is no perpetrator to catch?"

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

I'm having a little trouble with Carlee walking up to the door and knocking and then going inside to her parents and passing out.

It certainly was an overwhelmingly emotional moment for everyone. The 911 call recording clearly states "unresponsive but breathing."

Carlee was kept in the hospital for 12 hours. It seems to be a short time for someone who was fighting for her life, mentally and physically, for two days. 

It's time for the police to tell the public if there was or wasn't an abduction. No other details are necessary right now.

@PickyPicky3 

I'm not sure they can say anything now.

If they are disproving that she committed a hoax, they probably should catch the alleged abductor, and confirm that they actually abducted .... right?   

I'm waiting for people that actually know her to say something about how she seemed to them ... always friendly, good friend ... or whatever.   

Not that I expect anyone to say she always seemed crazy to me ... but .... information is definitely missing here. 

There's a muzzle on this investigation.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Press conference today (Wed.) at 2:30.

Overnight updates:

-Carlee bought snacks at Target after leaving Taziki's. These snacks were not in the car.

-First responders found Carlee conscious and speaking when they got to her house.

-A neighbor's camera showed her walking on the sidewalk alone.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I havn't heard any more updates today on GMA. Will we ever know what happened?