Honored Contributor

Re: Miserable People

[ Edited ]

There's a saying that if you know 3 awful people and can list all their flaws in detail, there's actually only one person in the group who is the awful one. (Meaning you.) I mean, we are a sum total of the people we surround ourselves with. If they're all a bunch of lousy crooks, why do you feel so at home with them?

Now all that's different than family, who you have to love regardless of how easy they are to get along with.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

If not for complainers nothing would change for the better. Everyone would just go along to get along. 

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

If not for complainers nothing would change for the better. Everyone would just go along to get along. 

@occasionalrain  There is a big difference in constructive complaining and wanting to help someone that is unhappy. 

In most cases, the person has nothing to be unhappy about. For me, it is a very sad situation and I wish there was something that I could say or do to make my sister-in-law feel better.