Esteemed Contributor

Re: Might have been un-hearted

@kittymomNC wrote:

@Marp wrote:

Maybe some of the fuss and questions about hearts could be resolved if a poster's total heart count was included with their nic information beneath their avatar.  Other boards do this.  Well, maybe not hearts but tallies of accumulated likes.

Hi Marp... Actually, all anyone has to do is click on a poster's nic, and on the page it takes you to it has date registered, etc. and Total Hearts Received.  Discovered that by accident the other day.  I've discovered a lot on this board purely by accident while trying to figure out something else! 

Hi Kittymom, I'm aware of that feature but some of the contention seems to be because posters are actively looking at how many hearts other posters have creating suspicion as to why. 

If everyone had their heart count displayed by their nic as other boards do (not necessarily hearts but essentially "like" counts or whatever the board calls them) it would remove one more cause for quarreling.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I'm constantly amazed at what people find fault with here. 

Respected Contributor

@brii wrote:

It's probably not just here.

I suppose I'm a bit of a hypocrite as I just complained about that snarling dog video that's everywhere.

Honored Contributor

@brownponytail80 wrote:

Ya'll really keep track of how many hearts you've received?  Alrighty.

@brownponytail80 wrote:

Ya'll really keep track of how many hearts you've received?  Alrighty.

Like I tell my husband who is a teacher, way to toot your own horn.LOL

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@brii wrote:

It's probably not just here.

I suppose I'm a bit of a hypocrite as I just complained about that snarling dog video that's everywhere.

lol

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@ValuSkr

I answered you somewhere here as to how to locate your posts. Look among your notifications for where I posted (I forget the thread I posted the link to your posts so you could bookmark it).

Thanks for this, JJM.  My "Notifications" led me to you ("JustJazzMom mentioned you") but all my other notifications so far have been hearts.  So I still can't find replies.  It's very frustrating.

If you are trying to find your posting history bookmark this link.  It is continually updated.  http://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/166346

Thank you, Marp.  Nice of you to be so helpful.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@ValuSkr

Found the post: on the Gotta Hand it to you Q thread (among my bookmarked posts)

"

@ValuSkr

To find all your posts you ever were on:

Go to search forums and blogs and instead of Community search under Users.

Type in your name and at the bottom of the page is a thought bubble with your posts. Click on the numbers next to that and see all your posts. I suggest bookmarking it.

Example:http://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?q=Valuskr"

Thank you, JJM.  You're so helpful.  Smiley Happy  I wonder why they made it so difficult.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@kittymomNC wrote:

@Marp wrote:

Maybe some of the fuss and questions about hearts could be resolved if a poster's total heart count was included with their nic information beneath their avatar.  Other boards do this.  Well, maybe not hearts but tallies of accumulated likes.

Hi Marp... Actually, all anyone has to do is click on a poster's nic, and on the page it takes you to it has date registered, etc. and Total Hearts Received.  Discovered that by accident the other day.  I've discovered a lot on this board purely by accident while trying to figure out something else! 

Hi Kittymom, I'm aware of that feature but some of the contention seems to be because posters are actively looking at how many hearts other posters have creating suspicion as to why. 

If everyone had their heart count displayed by their nic as other boards do (not necessarily hearts but essentially "like" counts or whatever the board calls them) it would remove one more cause for quarreling.

I'm still trying to figure out why there are so many people who say they don't care about the hearting and the contributor designations, but there are still new threads about them almost every day, and people arguing back and forth and trying to figure out how many of this and that makes you this kind of contributor, etc.  I wish we could just all be "contributors" and leave it at that... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittymomNC wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@kittymomNC wrote:

@Marp wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out why there are so many people who say they don't care about the hearting and the contributor designations, but there are still new threads about them almost every day, and people arguing back and forth and trying to figure out how many of this and that makes you this kind of contributor, etc.  I wish we could just all be "contributors" and leave it at that... 

I agree, kitty mom.  Make us all Valued Contributors and call it a day.  Keep the option available of hearting a post but get rid of the actual tally.  I like the hearts for many reasons but don't need to keep count.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No matter which options or features they add, subtract or modify there will be those who can't resist picking away at other posters.  I have no idea why.   I don't understand the glee with which people do it.  I swear it makes me think of stories about people who love to pull wings off butterflies just to see what happens.  Some will be overt and at least will be honest that they're doing it.  Others will find ways to fly under the radar and insist they're not guilty.  But it will happen. 

The result, which I guess is the desired one, is that some posters will walk on eggshells regarding features like "hearts" instead of using them as helpful options and having fun here, instead of being able to feel that this is a nice diversion from other daily activities or concerns.   I've already seen at least one person who felt she had to ask posters to refrain from "hearting" her post.  (And this isn't critical of her...  it's a sad commentary on what all the jabs and pokes about hearts have done here.)  That's really sad, in my opinion.  The games people play...  really odd.

Sorry, I've had some really bad days and I guess this is my vent/rant of the day.  So I'll postscript:  jmo,ymmv

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova