Honored Contributor

I just hate it when appliances give out, though truth be told it has served me well for many years. Irefuse to venture into Walmart, so I ordered from Amazon, and it will take longer than usual.  I'll survive , but  I've frozen so many things It will be inconvenient , but a small annoyance compared to what many others are going through. 🤷‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Highlighted
New Contributor

My microwave started smoking tonight so my husband got right onto The QVC website and ordered another.  I was going to order one from Amazipon too but didn't due to the wait time. My old one was probably 20 years old so I can' complain either.

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry you guys.  That stinks!  🙁

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1  We had to replace ours recently too.  I just said to my daughter the oven is going.  The stovetop is fine but the oven isn't heating right. You have to keep jacking the heat up.

It is 14yrs. old, but please don't go during this mess.  I don't want to venture out to look for a stove.

It's a good thing I have a sense of humor.  Since my husband died last May, the washer and the dryer both conked out, the microwave bit the dust, and oh, and my computer.  Now the stove.

Poke a fork in me, I'm done.

Honored Contributor

Wow @CrazyKittyLvr2 .  I would start sweet talking the refrigerator like now.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14  Oh god, don't even joke about it.  We got the stove and fridge at the same time.

I didn't even list the stuff on my car that went. I finally had  it with the car and sold it.  I use DD's HRV now.

If I didn't crack in the last year I never will.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

OMG!  I feel your pain.  I can do without a lot of things....but the microwave....umm...that would be no!

After my husband died my refrigerator died.  It's built in so I had to get one with specific dimensions, same for the microwave and oven.  (My husband designed the kitchen....drives me nuts).

Well, it was the first really big thing I had to purchase on my own.

My husband was a builder so he got builder's money breaks on buying things.  I was used to going to these bug warehouses with many different brands of applicances and picking out what I liked then he did the back and forth and made sure it fit..etc.

I did without a refrigerator for maybe 3 weeks.  I can't remember now how long it was because it was at least 2 or more weeks.

I'd buy ice and keep it on the screened in back porch.  It worked out well.

Finally my daughters gave me such a hard time I did the work of measuring, bla bla and got another refrigerator.

But if my microwave goes out...not more than a few days will go by.  It did act wonky several years ago and my guy friend came over and fixed it.

My appliances were all replaced when we had a house fire back in 2001 so it's just a matter of time now.

I remember asking these sales guys, "The refrigerator that finally broke was pretty old.  Why don't they make things as good as they used to?"

He said, "Think about it.  If they made things so they never break, we'd go out of business."

Honored Contributor
@Retired Legal Secretary. Just look at it this way: all those things missed your DH so much they wanted to join him. (Just trying here to make lemonade out of lemons).
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  He was probably amazed I wasn't on a tear and my head wasn't spinning around after everything conking out.  I did say a few choice words on occasion if I'm being honest. After awhile you just say "whatever" and get the checkbook out.

Oh, I forgot, in November the fuel oil tank sprung a leak. Just got a new one and my son and his friends installed it..