Respected Contributor

Re: Microfiber Duster Set With Gift Boxes

What is good for a hills swap??

Respected Contributor

I think people might not find something so unique. Still not sure who toes could be stepped on. Maybe we all should just keep our shoes on .Yuk!Yuk!

Respected Contributor

It would be good for a wedding shower gift, with waste baskets and such. I used to give gifts of a first aid-kit, I hope I did't jinx them to get hurt. Does any one see how silly this conversation is getting??

Respected Contributor

Okay this the life I remember. Thank-You for that story. Love and Praises for the good old days!!

Honored Contributor

I'd say you'd have to know the person really well and knew they that they preferred practical presents....there are some folks that do, my sister is one of them.  However, if you didnt know the gift preferences of someone I wouldn't give them as a gift at all because as someone else said it may infer that you thought their house was dusty or dirty and they would feel highly insulted........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

About 2 or so weeks ago, everytime I did a QVC check, they were showing a light up set of Tweezers.  Now this past week, everytime I did a QVC check, they were showing this microfiber "gift set."

I own these.  I bought them last year for myself and kept both sets.  I actually hate them.  LOL  They are okay for reaching up in places you can't reach with anything else but as far as doing a good job dusting?  In my opinion they don't.  I bent mine to get the tops of my ceiling fans like they show and it pushed all the dust right onto the floor.  None of it was held in the duster as they say it will. 

Whenever I've used them to dust, within a day everything looks like it needs to be dusted again. 

The puppy fur cloth is okay but nothing special.  I'm going to sell my other set at a garage sale. 

Esteemed Contributor

Your story brought tears to my eyes @KentuckyWoman.  Thanks for sharing.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

i actually purchased these duster sets last year and gave them as EXTRA gifts to my immediate family members. every year i get the same gift (usually from qvc) for each family member as a little something extra. my sister, my brother, my mom, my daughters, and my son all got a set......and i kept two sets for myself.....one for home, one for our beach home.

i have also done this with the halo magnetic flashlights, coin counters, portable phone chargers, and more.

it has become my "thing" now. 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I do something similar as @sunshine45

We no longer exchange gifts in my family.  We're all old and doing well and we can buy whatever we need.

What some of us still do is buy useful things we find throughout the year and we buy it for everyone.  Sometimes it's a new spice from Penzey's, sometimes it's a new kitchen gadget like a hand held stainless steel lemon juicer.  

If these dusters were something I loved, I would buy them for everyone.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN