Respected Contributor

Yes @BeckiWV......this is it, no way for me...

Honored Contributor

@noodleann See here's the thing - some of us actually work when we are supposed to be doing so, and when we are off we aren't out doing anything we have to keep secret from our employer or anyone else. Some of us - our lives can be an open book. For those like me - this would be quite a simple yes. 

However, I do recognize that some people have the need to live more "private " lives and would not want their activities to be known to anyone. That is certainly your right.

Personally, I would never want to live in such a way that I have to be sneaking around and everything in my life has to be a huge secret. I'd hate the stress. 

I can't tell you the thousands of times I answered my phone to hear "Hey, what are you doing? We are swamped here - can you come in and help out?"

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Image result for prince shaking his head no gif

I have to laugh each time this is an answer on here. No way for me too.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

They know what you're eating and when and how many times during the work day.

Just the beginning and figuring out how to track other things.

I haven't worked outside the home in quite a few years now, but the people I do know who still do, it is amazing how micro managed they are and how 'watched' they are. 

And these are simple basic jobs. Mechanic, call center employee, grocery store worker, etc.

They are required to spend more time documenting and logging in to account for every minute of their day. They can't get any real work done, for all the documenting. 

I stopped a clerk in the grocery store who was stocking, to ask if they had a product in the back, where the shelf space was empty. He was very nice, but when he came back, he said it took him so long because he had to clock off what he was doing (stocking) and clock into something else or he would get in trouble, as while he took time to check for me on that product, it would appear he was still stocking, and then would be in trouble for how long it took him to stock that skid he was working on.

When I think of all the lost time because of this micromanaging of people! It's no wonder things cost so much, and nothing gets done or done right. Everyone is already too busy CYA and accounting for their every second. 

So just imagine what will happen with health insurance premiums or availability when they know how many times you have to pee during the day, or how much sugar you eat (regardless of your current health standing being fine), or how many cups of coffee you are drinking, etc.

Honored Contributor

Re: Microchipping Employees

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

@noodleann See here's the thing - some of us actually work when we are supposed to be doing so, and when we are off we aren't out doing anything we have to keep secret from our employer or anyone else. Some of us - our lives can be an open book. For those like me - this would be quite a simple yes. 

However, I do recognize that some people have the need to live more "private " lives and would not want their activities to be known to anyone. That is certainly your right.

Personally, I would never want to live in such a way that I have to be sneaking around and everything in my life has to be a huge secret. I'd hate the stress. 

I can't tell you the thousands of times I answered my phone to hear "Hey, what are you doing? We are swamped here - can you come in and help out?"

99% of us work when at our jobs!!!! @151949 I consider myself a private person with nothing to hide but......it's no one's business when I go to the nail salon, out to dinner, to the mall, visiting friends, doctor visits or anything else that goes on in my day to day life! I have nothing to hide and consider myself ordinary so please DO NOT imply that anyone doesn't work hard or have nefarious reasons for NOT wanting to be micro chipped!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

They know what you're eating and when and how many times during the work day.

Just the beginning and figuring out how to track other things.

They can see your activity level. No need for Fitbit--just ask the boss how many steps you took yesterday. If you're having an affair with a co-worker, they'll know about that. Etc., etc.

But in a world where the clueless happily "check in" on social and let the world know exactly where they've been, what they've been doing, with whom they've been doing it, etc., it's quite possible that this will gain acceptance. They seem to value their personal convenience above all else.

Always remember that millennials have no idea how many liberties we've lost, and don't have the frame of reference to know how technology like this can and likely will be used in their cogification. 

It's our job to educate them. I know my son, and my niece and nephew have been 'schooled' about how many liberties they are giving up with much of the 'normal' for their generation ways and technology use.

And if you don't start explaining it when they are young, they are just lost when you try to get them to understand it. They kind of have to be raised with the founding father's ideas and principles, giving them a deeper understanding of history, or it is all lost on them, all these changes and loss of liberties.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@151949 wrote:

99% of us work when at our jobs!!!! @151949 I consider myself a private person with nothing to hide but......it's no one's business when I go to the nail salon, out to dinner, to the mall, visiting friends, doctor visits or anything else that goes on in my day to day life! I have nothing to hide and consider myself ordinary so please DO NOT imply that anyone doesn't work hard or have neferious reasons for NOT wanting to be micro chipped!

@JaneMarple, consider the source.  Her  nic should be "stir.the.pot"

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

It's not about secrets. It's about privacy.

I'm constantly amazed how many people of the retired generation, who should know more and know better, fall in lock step with this kind of invasion.

It used to be that your private life was your own business, and no one had the right or even the inclination to want or need to know about you, that people, employers, the government think they have a right to know today.

For those that want their lives to be an open book, watch out, because we are sliding so far into the realm of no privacy, that there will be no going back, and someday, in some way, you will regret the right given away so freely. 

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

And what does your righteously and industriously lived life have to do with the deprivation of privacy in the lives of others?

Nothing. The canard of "if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about" regarding the latest intrusion of the cabal of big biz and government into our lives never reflects well on the speaker. To paraphrase Ben Franklin, They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety convenience--or to be a better servant to others--deserve neither liberty nor safety.”