Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The only problem I can see with it would be if it would stop working and you'd need surgery to remove the chip and get a new one.

Honored Contributor

They know what you're eating and when and how many times during the work day.

Just the beginning and figuring out how to track other things.

Honored Contributor

Re: Microchipping Employees

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Well, in the case of the job I had they would know we never had a chance to eat or really get a break. Maybe then they would stop torturing us because we put in for OT for not getting lunch.

As for them knowing how often you went to the break room - if you aren't abusing that why would you care?

Respected Contributor

Horrible!

I am very upset about this.

Not normal at all!

I can't even say what I really want to say it would be poofed.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

The only problem I can see with it would be if it would stop working and you'd need surgery to remove the chip and get a new one.

And there's the rub

Honored Contributor

The will probably put listening devices in them too.

Respected Contributor

No, I would never do that

Valued Contributor

Re: Microchipping Employees

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

NO!

puppy say no.gif

@SilleeMee

Love it!

ETA: But NO, on the microchip!

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Having worked a job where I had to be constantly available to be called in to work  24/7/365 - and thus they always had to be able to reach me - it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I always hated those swipe in cards -ours would go bad every few years or so and just when you needed it - bingo it wouldn't work, and it may be the middle of the night or in the middle of an emergency situation and you couldn't call IT.

♪ It had to be you . . .  ♪

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

They can see your activity level. No need for Fitbit--just ask the boss how many steps you took yesterday. If you're having an affair with a co-worker, they'll know about that. Etc., etc.

But in a world where the clueless happily "check in" on social and let the world know exactly where they've been, what they've been doing, with whom they've been doing it, etc., it's quite possible that this will gain acceptance. They seem to value their personal convenience above all else.

Always remember that millennials have no idea how many liberties we've lost, and don't have the frame of reference to know how technology like this can and likely will be used in their cogification.