Honored Contributor

Having worked a job where I had to be constantly available to be called in to work  24/7/365 - and thus they always had to be able to reach me - it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I always hated those swipe in cards -ours would go bad every few years or so and just when you needed it - bingo it wouldn't work, and it may be the middle of the night or in the middle of an emergency situation and you couldn't call IT.

Respected Contributor

I wonder what the long-term health risks might be if you had to be scanned day in and day out.

Honored Contributor

Re: Microchipping Employees

[ Edited ]

I certainly would decline getting a chip implanted unless it were for medical reasons.

Also, I get mocked for saying I would never send my DNA to one of these geneology sites because I don't know  who owns my DNA once it's there or what they end up doing with it.   Nope that's not happening either.    But people line up to spit in the tube.

I have other ideas about all this geneology search business but if I write it, it will get deleted.   Use your imagination, it's all part of a similar genre.

I edited  my post for a typo

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

What happened to retinal and fingerprint scans?? Can't they use those instead of the microchips? 

That's how my husband gets into work.

Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

If that was a job requirement, I would not be working for that company.  I'll bring my lunch from home, thank you....and companies can figure out an alternative way for staff to get in the building.  If a business can take on microchip technology...I'm sure they can develop another method to let their employees inside!

Yes it's called a pass key and I use it when I go into my office.

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

It is the future.  Might as well get use to the idea.   The younger generation will most likely have no choice in the matter if they want a job whe this chipping becomes the norm. 

When in the future and why should we get used to it? @SeaMaiden I have four kids in their 20's and 30's, they wouldn't go for it! 

@JaneMarple  They may not go for it.....but, if it is either get the job$$$$ or not based on a requirement of chipping....they may change their  mind.  This will become the norm in society....yes, people will complain....but it will not just go away.

interesting article :

http://bigthink.com/david-ryan-polgar/human-or-machine-some-people-are-getting-microchipped

We still have a constitution that gives us rights here even if some think its just a antiquated peice of paper. So to just be a doormat and say" oh it will happen get used to it " Noit does not happen unless we allow it. 

@AngusandBuddhasMom

Absolutely!

And there will always be a small percentage of us that still have a brain, and will use it, not just follow the crowd, the trend, the 'demanded' but will walk away when something opposes our values or commons sense.

Find another job, or make one's own, when we don't agree with the 'norm'.

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

If that was a job requirement, I would not be working for that company.  I'll bring my lunch from home, thank you....and companies can figure out an alternative way for staff to get in the building.  If a business can take on microchip technology...I'm sure they can develop another method to let their employees inside!

Yes it's called a pass key and I use it when I go into my office.

I too for over a decade now have an electronic fob that I pass over a device on the outside door to get into my building from the garage parking.  Then the fob is also used to swipe for the elevators if they have not been opened yet for the public.  Once on my floor regular keys are used.  The builidng is opened at 7:00 a.m. but sometimes this is not early enough for tenants.  Many times over the decade prior to this practice I found homeless people bathing in our floor bathrooms or in the stairwell so this procedure was initiated for the tenants.  But no to anything that would be on my "person"   I brown bag it daily anyway, plus have a full size fridge in my office so I am all set.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I certainly would decline getting a chip implanted unless it were for medical reasons.

Also, I get mocked for saying I would never send my DNA to one of these geneology sites because I don't know  who owns my DNA once it's there or what they end up doing with it.   Nope that's not happing either.    But people line up to spit in the tube.

I have other ideas about all this geneology search business but if I write it, it will get deleted.   Use your imagination, it's all part of a similar genre.

@software

I can't believe you posted this! I have always thought the same, just never said it out loud to anyone.

I'm really interested to have all the information that test would provide, but not enough to have that information outside my control. And there is no way that that isn't happening in some form, and who knows what it will be used for, or in what way some day in the future. I have my ideas as well, but as you said, better left unsaid in this environment.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Microchipping Employees

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

Having worked a job where I had to be constantly available to be called in to work  24/7/365 - and thus they always had to be able to reach me - it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I always hated those swipe in cards -ours would go bad every few years or so and just when you needed it - bingo it wouldn't work, and it may be the middle of the night or in the middle of an emergency situation and you couldn't call IT.

N/M.  I totally misread your post.