Highlighted
Honored Contributor

If you had something watertight like a Rubbermaid bin, you could keep it outside on a patio or something similar.  I quit feeding the birds when I saw all the little footprints in the snow under the feeder. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Venezia Do you keep dog food in your garage?  That's how I got started with mice.  Now I keep it in a big tin can with a tight fitting lid.   I ordered one from Amazon. 

@Kachina624- No, we don't have a dog, but we do keep birdseed in the garage (no other place to store it).  I have it in lockable containers.  The "problem" is my DH.  Whenever he puts out or refills the feeders, he's not very careful about it.  He spills seed and doesn't clean it up.  Since my car is on that side of the garage (and the mice attack my car, not his), he's not worried!

I'm still trying to figure out an alternative to storing the feed there, but the only other place is my basement and I sure don't want them there.

Short of getting rid of the DH????????

@Venezia  As long as there's birdseed on the floor of your garage you're going to have mice no matter what kind of trap you use.  I would ask your husband to quit filling the bird feeders.

@NickNack- Yeah, right.......I'll try that.  Or...maybe you'd like to come round and suggest that to him???  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Venezia, Your link shows a spray can at home depot.

@goldensrbest- Try it again.

Honored Contributor

One time a woman I worked with put her Christmas cookies - 30 DOZEN - in her garage.

The next day when she went to bring them in and box them up for gifts - "squirrels" had gotten into them and made a mess!

I doubt it was squirrels (she said she didn't see the culprits!) and I politely passed on the plate of cookies she rescued and brought into work.