Honored Contributor

Re: Mice problem

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Venezia  Could the name possibly be Victor Electronic Trap?  I found a device fitting your description available at Home Depot and other places by that name. 

@Kachina624 @goldensrbest - Sorry, yes!  Victor Electronic Trap.  (I don't know where that V-Tech came from.)

The first one I bought, I got at a local hardware store, but once I found it worked really well, I bought more on Amazon because the price was so much better.

When I had a really bad problem with mice in my garage last year, I caught about 16 or 17 in the same trap (each one with fresh batteries will kill up to a hundred).  Then, no more mice for a long time until this spring when I caught two more.  None since then thankfully!

It is expensive, but is it gross to empty? There are several on amazon,one is $69.00 ,which one did you buy?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: Mice problem

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest- This is the one I bought.  Originally just one, then I bought a multipack.

Victor Mousetrap

No, they're not gross to handle.  You put the batteries in, add a very small smear of peanut butter to the back vent holes (it's all in the instructions) and flip the "on" switch.

I check mine every day just in case the light isn't working, but normally, when a mouse is killed, the light flashes green.  You simply flip the switch to off, open the top flap and tip the "deceased" into the trash. Then close the flap again, put the switch to on and put the trap back.  (Where there's one mouse, there's going to be another at some point!)

My sister-in-law uses these, too, since I mentioned it, as she hates having to handle anything to do with mice.  They've worked well for her, too.

(ETA:  The mouse just looks like it went to sleep!  Nothing messy.)

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Venezia Do you keep dog food in your garage?  That's how I got started with mice.  Now I keep it in a big tin can with a tight fitting lid.   I ordered one from Amazon. 

@Kachina624- No, we don't have a dog, but we do keep birdseed in the garage (no other place to store it).  I have it in lockable containers.  The "problem" is my DH.  Whenever he puts out or refills the feeders, he's not very careful about it.  He spills seed and doesn't clean it up.  Since my car is on that side of the garage (and the mice attack my car, not his), he's not worried!

I'm still trying to figure out an alternative to storing the feed there, but the only other place is my basement and I sure don't want them there.

Short of getting rid of the DH????????

Honored Contributor

@Venezia, Your link shows a spray can at home depot.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Venezia Do you keep dog food in your garage?  That's how I got started with mice.  Now I keep it in a big tin can with a tight fitting lid.   I ordered one from Amazon. 

@Kachina624- No, we don't have a dog, but we do keep birdseed in the garage (no other place to store it).  I have it in lockable containers.  The "problem" is my DH.  Whenever he puts out or refills the feeders, he's not very careful about it.  He spills seed and doesn't clean it up.  Since my car is on that side of the garage (and the mice attack my car, not his), he's not worried!

I'm still trying to figure out an alternative to storing the feed there, but the only other place is my basement and I sure don't want them there.

Short of getting rid of the DH????????

@Venezia  As long as there's birdseed on the floor of your garage you're going to have mice no matter what kind of trap you use.  I would ask your husband to quit filling the bird feeders.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

True any food stored in garage will drawn them in, no food in my garage i bring dog food delivered in doors,don't know why i have the problem in my grill.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

responding to post #7  Heavy duty poison in the grill. The grill you put your raw FOOD in?  I would be very careful of that as I'd worry some residue would remain and the cooking heat wouldn't inactivate it just lift it onto the food.  stick with snap traps.  Snap traps are ruthless, the glue traps are cruel.

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

responding to post #7  Heavy duty poison in the grill. The grill you put your raw FOOD in?  I would be very careful of that as I'd worry some residue would remain and the cooking heat wouldn't inactivate it just lift it onto the food.  stick with snap traps.  Snap traps are ruthless, the glue traps are cruel.

I would put in in the bottom,where door is.

Respected Contributor

I'm probably over concerned as I usually go to the extreme on things but my thought was that heat changes molecules and can relese things. Just as heat can change water into  steam and food molecules can be aresolized, which is why you can smell food cooking.  I don't know wnat a heated environment would do to any poison left in the grill when it got heated, that's all.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

They keep building a nest inside my grill, put bate traps inside, but this keeps happening.

@goldensrbest  HSN sells plug in repellers for bugs and rodents, a set of ten.  I bought them to keep spiders and ants out of the house.  Some have night lights, some are larger than others,three colors, good price.