Respected Contributor

'

Former user plaid pants has a message, hope its okay to pass on about her father:

Could you please let them know, for me, that after battling dementia, to where he had to be placed in a care home, he passed away today at the age of 92. I got to see him this pass weekend, where even though he didn't recognize me, I did get to tell him that it was okay for him to go, that I would be okay, and that I would always love him and miss him. Maybe he needed my permission. I don't know. My cousin was there with him when he passed, so he wasn't compleatly alone. His care home was a five hour drive (for me). He is proceeded in death by his parents, his brother and sister, and my mom. There is one less WW2 veteran in this world tonight. If you could do that for me, I'd greatly appreciate more than you know. Thank-you.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Message from plaid pants

@spumoni99  Please pass condolences on to her!!💐

What happened to her.Why isn’t she posting anymore?

Honored Contributor

My heart breaks for her and I send my condolences. I was just thinking of her because of a recent thread. Many of us miss her posts and thank you so much for up-dating us on her dad. May he rest in peace and be with the angels.

Sending lots of white light to Plaid Pants in the difficult days ahead. She was the best daughter any dad could have.......

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@spumoni99 @Please tell her how sorry I am to hear about her fathers passing.I also want her to know that I miss her and hope that she will be back one day to post here with us.

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99 please pass my condolences to Plaid Pants. I too miss her on the forums. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spumoni99 

Please tell her that I am so sorry for her loss, and grateful she was able to see him recently.

I think of her often as we are both only children, our Fathers are the same age (92), and mine is also a WW2 hero.  My Dad 🥰 is thankfully still here, but frail.

I wish her the very best, and miss seeing her.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I am so sorry for her loss and I am sending my deepest condolences.

Respected Contributor

Oh so sad please send love and prayers to plaid pants- you are missed.

Respected Contributor

Sending deepest sympathies. 

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

I remember Plaid Pants well and recall that one of her last posts mentioned her dad engaging in some type of physical contact with her.  That must of been the onset of the dementia.   Her relationship with her dad reminded me of mine with my own dad who died 10 years ago, also at age 92.  Please tell her how sorry i am to hear this sad news, but I'm glad she got to spend time with him in his last days.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment