Trusted Contributor

Memory Lane: The FIFTIES!!

[ Edited ]

If you grew up at a time to fully remember the 1950's, this montage will promote nostalgia. I found it remarkable how many names were instantly associated with the faces familiar at that time. these days I can't always remember someone's name 15 minutes after I'm introduced to them. There were people here whose name I knew at a glance, having not seen them pictured for 60 or so years!

Enjoy a walk down Memory Lane. (It might slightly favor those who grew up in a NYC.) Music of the time is included. 

https://safeshare.tv/x/FEDEwZHZXu

Valued Contributor

Re: Memory Lane: The FIFTIES!!

[ Edited ]

@gizmogal   A friend sent this to me yesterday and then I forwarded it to a bunch of other friends.  I loved it -- as did everyone I sent it to.  This is the best one of these kinds of videos I have seen.

Respected Contributor

THANK YOU .. THANK YOU ... have to admit ..it brought a tear to

my eyes .....

Honored Contributor

@judy0330 wrote:

@gizmogal   A friend sent this to me yesterday and then I forwarded it to a bunch of other friends.  I loved it -- as did everyone I sent it to.  This is the best one of these kinds of videos I have seen.

Someone sent it to me a couple weeks ago. I loved the ronnie milsap song so much I looked him up for more and found one more 50s video. Chills when I hear this song. My kinda music. Slow dancing stuff. Ahhhh.................

Respected Contributor

I watched that "Captain Video" episode of the Honeymooners just the other night -- and laughed as much as I did the first time I saw it as a kid in Queens...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Experienced only  a part of the decade, but enjoyed the video. Thank you. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@gizmogal  Thank you so much!! Really enjoyed this.

Esteemed Contributor

@gizmogal 

Wow, did that bring back memories.  I recognized almost every one of them.  All I can say is, "We've come a long way baby."  Thank you for sharing this with us.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@vsm wrote:

I watched that "Captain Video" episode of the Honeymooners just the other night -- and laughed as much as I did the first time I saw it as a kid in Queens...

I'm originally from Richmond Hill, Queens, remember those days like it was yesterday. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gizmogal 

Enjoyed that trip and the music. That song "In the Still of the Night", the 5 Satins version, is still one of my favorite songs.

Thanks for the memories!

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)