Super Contributor

Re: Memorial Day Weekend 🇺🇸

All this is because of global warming. The weather cycle is disrupted badly all around the globe. Waiting for a lovely weather to enjoy Memorial day.

Valued Contributor

@Azcowgirl & @Meowingkitty: Don't forget are Monsoon Season is just around the corner. Which brings in all those lovely Dust Storms that carry Valley Fever. Lucky us, Not! Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

This weather sure is crazy. Yesterday high 50s today 80. I had my light winter coat on walking the dog yesterday, today a tank top. 

And all the tornadoes and storms in the plains. God bless to all affected. Enjoy the holiday whatever your weather will be. 🙏❤️

Trusted Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@Azcowgirl wrote:

This spring has been fabulous in my corner of the Arizona desert 🌵.Normally we would have had weeks of triple digit temps by now. Instead it is still only in the 80’s. 😎

I agree. Spring in Arizona has been wonderful. Summer is much to long and the more days we get like these the better.  No complaints here. 

@Meowingkitty That is awesome for AZ. That's one thing you'd never hear in MI, that "the summer lasts too long". Just the opposite - that's why we count on nice (decent) weather in April and May. Enjoy this coming weekend 🇺🇸👍🏼

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

@shoekitty 

Kinda envious you live in CA. Love that state. I know what you mean about the garden and plants' confusion. Lol. I stopped at our local Home Depot to check out flat pricing and inventory and the team leader said sales were down because of the weather. He said normally the weekend before Memorial they are swamped with customers. Enjoy the weekend Smiley Happy

⚓️
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cactusgal wrote:

@Azcowgirl & @Meowingkitty: Don't forget are Monsoon Season is just around the corner. Which brings in all those lovely Dust Storms that carry Valley Fever. Lucky us, Not! Woman Sad

————————————

I feel very lucky to live here 🙂. I love monsoon season but will admit that we experienced the worst storm we can remember last year, and we lived for many years in tornado alley!

It has been a magnificent extended spring, and the Palo Verde have been amazing. Now watch the Ironwoods bloom.

@LoveMyBaby  We will try to send some sun your way 🌞 

Honored Contributor

Althought there is a chance of rain on Monday, I will attend Memorial Day ceremonies.  A rainy weekend will mean watching NASCAR races while relaxing on my cozy couch.  Decided to bake chicken in the oven instead of grilling outside in case of showers.

Honored Contributor

I can relate.  Here in eastern MA, we were stuck in a rainy/cold loop too.  It seemed like spring was never going to come.  It was a big deal when we got 2 consecutive days without any rain but even then it was still cold.  But that cycle broke a few days ago.  We even had one day when it was in the high 80's.  And some people complained about the heat!  LOL   It's been sunny and seasonal 70ish.  Everything has burst into bloom.  Hang in there.  Spring will come....eventually.

Valued Contributor

"Every body talks about the weather, but no one does anything about it."  --Mark Twain

Trusted Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

"Every body talks about the weather, but no one does anything about it."  --Mark Twain

That's funny, thank you for the chuckle! 

⚓️