Trusted Contributor

Memorial Day Weekend 🇺🇸

This weather is so disappointing- we're one week away from June, still chilly, cloudy and not the norm for the upcoming Memorial Day 3-day weekend. Normally the first grilling, boating, flower planting, picnics - it's just been such a lousy Spring, it doesn't even 'feel' like the big deal it usually is. Sun ☀️ peeks out but doesn't stay. (I'm in SE Michigan). I checked and we may get partly-sun a week from this coming Thursday. WTHeck! 

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Memorial Day Weekend 🇺🇸

This has been a crazy spring for sure for those of us in the midwest and elsewhere. In the 80s one day and down to the 50s the next....and so much rain. Today was very cool starting out in the low 50s and ended in the 60s with severe storms and tornados in our St. Louis area. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and in the 80s! Go figure!

Honored Contributor

@LoveMyBaby We are having the same miserable weather.....so disappointing, I look so forward to warm weather after the cold, winter weather.  We have a cookout to go to Saturday late afternoon, I hope it does not rain.

Esteemed Contributor

Y’all (I’m from the South) up North have had such bad weather. 

In VA it’s been rainy, cool then hot,  90s this week and thankfully cooler today in the 70s but back to 90 next week. 

Wish I could send you some 90 degree days, I hate the heat!

Esteemed Contributor

@LoveMyBaby  In SE PA we say it's going to "clear up cloudy with a warm frost." Still some very cold nights here. I haven't even hardened off my tomatoes. But, I have faith that this weekend will be good for us. I hope it is for you.

Trusted Contributor

@1Snickers 

I'll take it --lol! I know it's crazy everywhere and truly there are more pressing things but we get so short of summer, just wish it would go back to "normal". I just keep thinking it's gotta get better, and it doesn't!!! 

⚓️
Respected Contributor

This spring has been fabulous in my corner of the Arizona desert 🌵.Normally we would have had weeks of triple digit temps by now. Instead it is still only in the 80’s. 😎

Esteemed Contributor

I've turned my furnace back on in Nebraska. For a few weeks it was AC weather. One never knows any more what to wear or plan! I'm happy we're out of the deep freeze, snow and flooding. Anxious for hot weather since I'm always so cold-blooded. Love the heat of summer. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

This spring has been fabulous in my corner of the Arizona desert 🌵.Normally we would have had weeks of triple digit temps by now. Instead it is still only in the 80’s. 😎

I agree. Spring in Arizona has been wonderful. Summer is much to long and the more days we get like these the better.  No complaints here. 

Honored Contributor

I hear you!! California here, and its been raining since November, lol!  I was thinking though it used to be like this until April, then surprise rains until end of May!  Its just we have been in a drought, and have had 4 days of rain a year I think for last 10 years. So this rainy season has seemed so long.. It is like 3-4 days a week. When it doesnt rain it is gray sky!  My poor garden doesnt know what to do.  Some plants and trees see the sun for a couple days and think it is full spring, then it rains and no sun.  Forget the plum tree, it has some yellow leaves dropping, and green plums are dropping.

oh well, the earth needed it.  The up side is a few shrubs and some trees came up after we thought they kicked the bucket last summer.