Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan and Harry expecting first child in the Spring

@50Mickey  Prince Andrew's MOTHER is the queen.  All of her grandchildren are royal.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to the happy couple.  They will have a beautiful baby.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Not that it matters but I think Meghan was already at least several weeks pregnant prior to the May 19th wedding. Meghan and Harry instantly snapped to attention with big grins at each other the very moment the cleric who was officiating mentioned starting a family. Their faces and other body language were very telling. It was sweet.

Valued Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

Not that it matters but I think Meghan was already at least several weeks pregnant prior to the May 19th wedding. Meghan and Harry instantly snapped to attention with big grins at each other the very moment the cleric who was officiating mentioned starting a family. Their faces and other body language were very telling. It was sweet.

maths....it's all about the maths....j/s

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@50Mickey  Prince Andrew's MOTHER is the queen.  All of her grandchildren are royal.

Prince Edward is her son also. His children are not HRH Prince and Princess. They are lady Louise and viscount Sevren. Of course Anne's children have no title at all and they are the grandchildren of the Queen.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

It is being reported now that they told everyone at the wedding.  Sorry but I find that just tacky, royal or not.  They will be out of the country for a couple weeks, they could have very easily waited on the announcement.  Allowing the bride and groom their special time.

I would think it was a good opportunity to tell the royals while most of them were at the same event. We have no idea, do we, if they asked the bride and groom for permission. And from what I have been reading about Eugenie, she seems the kind of person who would not take offense by this and might have even been the person who encouraged them to announce it when the majority of the relatives are together.

Since Harry and Meghan were leaving on a big trip and the news was being put out there to the public thru Kensington Palace, they probably wanted to ensure all the royals knew about it from them before it hit the newspapers. 

I don't see how it stole anything from the bride and groom nor do I think it was tacky. It was a day of wonderful events and news all around. And a great opportunity to share it with the royals yet another event to come!

Guess we will just call it a difference of opinion.  I would never even think of asking a bride to share that time with me, for any reason.  It is her time, not mine. 

I wouldn't do it either.

But none of us were there, and we don't know exactly what happened.  They're very big on protocol, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they informed family without making a big announcement in the middle of the reception.  The press (the British press in particular) are not always reliable, so I take a lot of what is reported with a huge grain of salt.

Frequent Contributor

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

if this thread is any indication, it is going to be a busy year around here!

pregnancy, maternity clothes, baby shower?, birth, christening........

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I am so excited for them, and I am sure they will have  gorgeous children.......

Are we going to hear about this till it;s born? Why all the interest? I just don't know why anyone would get so excited. I have so many things to be happy for, so just can't spare the time on people I know nothing about. This is like getting into the lives of people on tv and the movies. Good luck to them, but my neighbors pregnant, I do know her. 

Some people simply enjoy hearing happy news. 

I learned last week that my sister will be having a baby next spring too.  Of course I'm very excited about that and far more interested in her baby than I am in Meghan's.  But that doesn't mean I can't be happy for Harry & Meghan also. 

If you're not at all interested in this topic, that's fine.  But then I have to wonder why you would open a thread that clearly states what it's about.  And then take the time to comment.  Surely there are topics here that are more to your liking.  If you "just can't spare the time", then perhaps you shouldn't open threads like this.

I skip over a lot of threads every day.  I'm sure you probably enjoy topics that don't interest me at all.  But I don't question why there is interest and I don't say it makes no sense to me why other people get excited about topics I don't care about.   Because that would be raining on other people's parades.  And it's rude.

Esteemed Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

All babies are wonderful, but I do not understand the excitement over a couple none of us will ever know nor will we see the baby in person.  My neighbors are expecting; their baby is much more exciting to me since I will actually meet him or her.  

Of course.  No one here has said, or even implied, that this is anywhere near as interesting or exciting as the pregnancy of a friend or family member, and a baby we will ultimately know.  There's no comparison.

But that doesn't mean it's not of interest, and it doesn't mean we can't be happy when we hear the news of other babies on the way.