Honored Contributor

@FranandZoeCall the drug manufacturer. You may be asked to provide the drug lot number, expiration date, and length of time that the drug was exposed to extreme temperatures.

I wouldn't take Lipitor that was expired unless the drug manufacturer said it was OK to. I take Lipitor/Atorvastatin and would be worried also if it had lost its potency.

Also there are many pharmacies that have a very low cost for atorvastatin. Last month I got mine for free from CVS.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I don't think cold temperatures would affect the medicine's efficacy.  Nor do I think it's gone bad only 1+ month past expiration date.  I would use both without hesitation. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks again everyone - I appreciate all the responses!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

UPDATE:

After speaking with both my pharmacist and the drug manufacturer I decided to get a new prescription from my dr.  Cost of the drug was in excess of $300 which I didn't want to pay.  (Should have made hubby pay lol.)  However my insurance - Silver Scripts - said they'd do an override which means they'll pay for this new prescription.  Thought this was so great of them.