Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Medicare Being Used

[ Edited ]

@KarenQVC wrote:

Released today---1/3 of Medicare people who get CV are put into the hospital.  1/4 of those people die.

Thank goodness for Medicare.  Can you imagine life without it?  We would have to turn to our families for help.

@KarenQVC  Like the old days, before Medicare?  Would that be so terrible, families helping each other?

eta...And this is just a guess...at least some are put into the hospital because Medicare money is a sure thing. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio

You are a fortunate person to have great benefits in your working years.

I had excellent health benefits when I was working and, a slightly better custom Medicare Advantage Plan with a separate Part D Plans, today. 

Many large unions or corporations will provide people with benefits in retirement or allow us to pay for them. 

I hope when your family retires, you are offered a great benefit package. 

Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

My hospital loses $ on its Medicare patients.

That is why I am so willing to participate in research studies and the like.  Or generally help out any way I can.

Also, hospitals raise their prices to cover losses, greatly benefit from the 2017 tax plan to reduce corporate taxes, and get huge tax breaks for losses so it's not like it all comes out of their pockets.  

I'm not arguing or trying to sound snarky.  It's just an additional thought.