Honored Contributor

Is anyone else tired of all of the medical ads that are on TV these days? And on the radio too.  Smiley Sad

There are so many of these ads over and over! Strokes, Heart Attacks, Cancer, Side Effects from Meds, Etc.

I am lucky I can forward through them if on a recorded show or I mute them if Im watching TV.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

ok raises her hand.

I rue the day they were allowed on television!  I also think about 1/3 to 1/2 of the pages of magazines are comprised of them. I think pharmaceuticals should be discussed with one's doctor, place of purchase , and heavily researched by individual. Shouldn't be in commercials with butterflies , unicorns, and happy, happy people dancing around.

Honored Contributor

As of the Spring, they are going to have to include the price of those brand name meds so maybe we'll see less of them.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm tired of all the lawyer ads. Got hit by a truck? Run over by a motorcycle? Tripped over someone's curb? Someone's grass stained your white pants? Stepped in dog poop? Time to call a law firm. There is a specialty in every field.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I'm tired of all the lawyer ads. Got hit by a truck? Run over by a motorcycle? Tripped over someone's curb? Someone's grass stained your white pants? Stepped in dog poop? Time to call a law firm. There is a specialty in every field.

@shaggygirlWhen I hear those ads I always think "oh , I hope that all didn't happen to one person ."

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl  A BIG LOL to your post!

Honored Contributor

There are indeed a lot of them but they don't bother me.  I just don't mute the tv so I don't hear them.  

Honored Contributor

There are an awful lot of them.  I wish they wouldn't be allowed to advertise drugs at all.

I watch a lot of DVR'd shows, so we just fast forward through them all.

Honored Contributor

Re: Medical Ads

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

As of the Spring, they are going to have to include the price of those brand name meds so maybe we'll see less of them.  

@Laura14

I hope that does the trick and we get less of them..... 

I think decisions on medications should be left to our personal Health Care Professional that knows our particular health issues and medical history instead of an Advertising Agency's video "fantasy" showing how perfect life becomes after taking this prescription drug---Maybe they should force them to also include someone experiencing hosptalization because of bad side effects in their video presentations .....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Re: Medical Ads

[ Edited ]

I find it annoying when they say don't take this med if allergic to it. Really! Who in their right mind would do that?