Esteemed Contributor

Matt Mika today

[ Edited ]

Matt has undergone additional surgery which is showing improved results. According to his family, he is expected to make a full recovery, though it will be a long journey. He may be moved out of ICU after the weekend. He is responsive and is able to communicate, though he still has to write notes. After taking four bullets, two of which were in the chest, he seems to be a fighter and will beat this.

Respected Contributor

Re: Matt Mike today

[ Edited ]

Who is Matt Mike? Do you mean Mika?

I wish him well. 

Honored Contributor

I think the OP just made a typo. I'm sure she meant Mike Mika. I also pray he comes through this ok.

Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman  thanks for update. the press has no interest in covering this story apparently.  last i heard he was not breathing on his own.  hope that that has changed. prayers up.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@RainCityWoman  thanks for update. the press has no interest in covering this story apparently.  last i heard he was not breathing on his own.  hope that that has changed. prayers up.

@ms traditionalI don't know what press you listen to or read, but I've seen stories and updates each day in the Los Angeles Times and on NBC news. No lack of coverage whatsoever.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@ms traditionalI don't know what press you listen to or read, but I've seen stories and updates each day in the Los Angeles Times and on NBC news. No lack of coverage whatsoever.

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@suzyQ3thanks. i have seen coverage of Rep Scalise - yes --  not Matt Mika.

Honored Contributor

My apologies, @ms traditional, I misread your "this story" to mean the whole incident. So of course I was surprised at you post. :-)

I have read some about Mika, but not too much.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3  i don't think i was very clear so i can see how you drew that conclusion!  

Honored Contributor

RainyDayGirl, I also thank you for keeping us up-to-date.  Four bullets is a massive assault on the body.  Continued prayers for him, and his family.

Honored Contributor

I've heard numerous updates on Mr. Mika.