Honored Contributor

Re: Mass Shooting in Boulder

You can kill with a handgun, a brick, a box knife, a bayonet, a bomb from a pressure cooker, a car, a whiskey bottle, or a flower vase.

It is an attitude that kills, not a weapon.  It is revenge, jealousy, hatred, fear, mental illness, arrogance, rejection, envy or lots of other things.  It is that someone has decided they have a right to take a life, or they have no empathy or morality or an "I'll show them." 

It is some desire that is unfulfilled very often.  It is often "that should have been mine."

Whether it is a rock, or a uzi or a shovel, it's the same end result. 

Honored Contributor

I feel the people that take others lives, by shooting others,are selfish among others words i could say,why not just take your life,but no they want to show how  us all ,what can happen to any of us.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Another day, another mass killing in the US.

I thought after Sandy Hook we would attempt to work together to try to eliminate as many issues as possible to avoid more killings.  Sadly, that was not the case.

Of course there is mental illness in this country, just as there is in every other country in the world and, yet, the US always leads in mass shootings.

WHY?

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

You can kill with a handgun, a brick, a box knife, a bayonet, a bomb from a pressure cooker, a car, a whiskey bottle, or a flower vase.

It is an attitude that kills, not a weapon.  It is revenge, jealousy, hatred, fear, mental illness, arrogance, rejection, envy or lots of other things.  It is that someone has decided they have a right to take a life, or they have no empathy or morality or an "I'll show them." 

It is some desire that is unfulfilled very often.  It is often "that should have been mine."

@Sooner   I agree, but it's more difficult with your examples to walk into a supermarket or school or spa and gun down loads of people at once. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

Yet the assault rifle - AR 15 - seems to be the weapon of choice for mass shootings. @Sooner 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mersha wrote:

Another day, another mass killing in the US.

I thought after Sandy Hook we would attempt to work together to try to eliminate as many issues as possible to avoid more killings.  Sadly, that was not the case.

Of course there is mental illness in this country, just as there is in every other country in the world and, yet, the US always leads in mass shootings.

WHY?

@Mersha Your question is probably rhetorical but we should all know the answer to that question, instead we will receive excuse after excuse. Because of those excuses we will never find a solution. SIGH.

Respected Contributor

We should encourage our elected officials to pass an Amendment that citizens have the RIGHT not to be gunned down while living their lives.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner   I agree, but it's more difficult with your examples to walk into a supermarket or school or spa and gun down loads of people at once. 

@Shanus Not really.  People decide to kill.  One way or another, it is a decision from a human.  When you get to that decision, you'll not have a problem finding a way.  And I'm thinking of the OKC bombing.  

Esteemed Contributor

Chicago had 38 shot 4 fatalities including an 11 year old boy on the March 15 th weekend. No thread about that. Just mass shootings get the attention. Why is that IDK? 

Just for the record we are all upset and. Just trying to deal with this senseless sadness. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Super Contributor

I live in the north part of Boulder. Boulder is a beautiful community. Many people I know are sharing stories about close this tragedy feels to them--near the school where their kids go, routine shopping trips to the King Soopers grocery. It's another reminder about how fragile life is. Thank you to everyone on this board who expresses their remorse about this very sad event.