Contributor

i think I'd risk the "overkill" rather than risking my life, but to each their own.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio

Excellent points ... stated very well.   

Mask    Mask    Mask    Mask    Mask

Honored Contributor

@patty17 wrote:

i think I'd risk the "overkill" rather than risking my life,

"but to each their own".

@patty17 

I agree with your last 5 words. Words and phrases like "overkill" and "risking my life", are very subjective. 

Ours are obviously much different. For me "life is to live", not be concerned how many years it is when it ends.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor
Are you taking zinc d3 vit c? Are you obese and diabetic? How are you at risk? The person who had c19 in Sept. is immune. They don't catch it again. Also, they can't transmit if they have no symptoms. The vax might make your symptoms lessor. It does not provide immunity.
Honored Contributor

@mjmm wrote:
Are you taking zinc d3 vit c? Are you obese and diabetic? How are you at risk? The person who had c19 in Sept. is immune. They don't catch it again. Also, they can't transmit if they have no symptoms. The vax might make your symptoms lessor. It does not provide immunity.

Yes, it does provide a good percentage of immunity; but if you still get it, you will likely have a mild bout. @mjmm 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

I agree with your last 5 words. Words and phrases like "overkill" and "risking my life", are very subjective. 

Ours are obviously much different. For me "life is to live", not be concerned how many years it is when it ends.

Exactly right, "life is to live" which is the point of wearing masks and social distancing until we all can be safe.  Protecting others from the possibility of sickness or joining the over half a million already gone should be all Americans concern. I'm anxious to dump the mask too, but my first concern is my fellow Americans whether we choose to believe in the science or not, we can't deny the consequences of the I just want to go out and be normal attitude. 

Respected Contributor

No mask fatigue here. I'm used to it, no big deal. I do it to protect my loved ones. 

Last night Dr. Fauci said Europe plateaued and began to open up.  Now Italy is going into lockdown status. We are in the same place in the US--plateauing and opening up. Time will tell how this goes. 

Honored Contributor

Gosh I feel so sorry for all of those living their life in fear. I am a type 1 diabetic, very much high risk. We have had our two vaccines a few months ago. We've never really changed our lifestyle through all of this. We still had all of our holiday parties with family. I am a rule follower and yes, I will wear a mask if it is mandated. But when I walk out of a building or store, off goes my mask. I don't wear "official" masks, just decorative ones. Do they work? Who knows? But I feel that I am given on one chance at life and I refuse to live it being scared of something invisible. I always look at the bright side of things...very much an optimist. Life is too short to wallow in sadness and apprehension.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Re: Mask fatigue

[ Edited ]

People who wear masks are not necessarily wallowing in sadness and fear. I don't think it's fair to label them that way.  We all have different life experiences, health issues and family situations.

Respected Contributor
But by the same token, people who say they are tired of wearing masks and/or express desire to go out to restaurants or wherever, shouldn't all be labeled selfish jerks who don't care about others.