Honored Contributor

There is no music category here, so I'm posting here.  If like me you are a fan of Mary C.C, I just wanted to sing the praises of her latest CD " The Dirt and the Stars."  The words to her songs always move me, and this latest offering is no exception.  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Mary Chapin Carpenter

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 I've always liked her.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mary Chapin Carpenter

[ Edited ]

Hellooooooooooooooooo Powers That Be

in 2021 may we have a music Forum?  Palease?

I have a MCC CD too.

Respected Contributor

YES PLEASE...to a MUSIC FORUM! ❤️🎶. Such a universal, feel good, opinionated, ripe for discussion, uplifting topic! Yes pleeeease, Mods...ya listenin?!

I remember MCC from back in the 90's, liked her stuff...I'm a country music fan and it was played to death back then, on country music radio...she had many popular hits. "Sometimes your the windshield, sometimes your the bug!" Ain't that the truth...this year  I think we all feel like the windshield a bit..splat. Didn't see that coming!

At the beginning of COVID...some videos from her home popped up on my FB..was fun to see her still singing. I'll have to check out that new music..

Honored Contributor

I love Mary Chapin Carpenter. Also Sara Hickman, Eva Cassidy, Beth Neilsen Chapman, and many, many more. I think singer/songwriters 'feel' their music more.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 I have not heard about her in such a long time, but I have always enjoyed her music.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

Wow, I haven't listened to her music for years and years!  I still have a couple of her old CDs and I'll have to drag them out again.  I loved the song This Old House.  I'll check out her new CD.  Thanks for posting this!  💿

Super Contributor

Everyting runs right on time

Spit and polish till it shines...

He thinks he'll keep her....

An awakening for me...hopefully for many more

Honored Contributor

@amyb   @qualitygal   The mods have said "No new forums" and there have been none.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yes, DH and I are fans.....I FEEL LUCKY!!!