Respected Contributor

As a young teen, I think he was in the 1940s 0r 50s movie "Life with Father."

I liked George Maharis better in _Route 66_, but I loved Milner in _Adam-12_, a show I never saw when it was originally running, but became addicted to in reruns years later.  He was a good actor.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marienkaefer2

Your Dad must have been a handsome man...bet all your girlfriends had a crush on him!  Smiley Wink

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I watched him in "Adam 12" with Kent McCord.  RIP Martin. It's hard to believe he was 83.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Ironic we just watched Martin Milner in a Columbo re-run.  He was (dastardly) Jack Cassidy's writing partner in the episode.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I saw that too on the Columbo Marathon Saturday.  I'd already forgotten I just saw him!  

Kudos to him for being married to the same woman for many, many years. 

IMO he had All-American, boy-next-door looks.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Oh, I saw that too on the Columbo Marathon Saturday.  I'd already forgotten I just saw him!  

That's funny you saw it Saturday.  We saw it today on some obscure station as a single Columbo episode.. 

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

That's funny you saw it Saturday.  We saw it today on some obscure station as a single Columbo episode.. 

That is funny.  The Hallmark Movies and Mysteries station (shows a lot of old TV shows - that's where I watch Murder She Wrote every weeknight) had a Columbo Marathon on Saturday.  I watched all of it except when I watched Cedar Cove!

Columbo is on every weekday morning at 7:00 a.m.  (eastern time zone).

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Marienkaefer2

Your Dad must have been a handsome man...bet all your girlfriends had a crush on him!  Smiley Wink

Thanks! But my girlfriends at that time were preschoolers like me so probably not.  Smiley Happy  ....but older girls...probably. Smiley Happy    he was the typical Irish cop with the twinkling blue eyes.  Awesome at his job with the uncanny ability to get along with just about everyone. .even the guys he arrested would say  "Joe is alright. "    

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Marienkaefer2

LOL Marien!  I apologize for presuming you are as old as I am!  I'm so old I remember beat cops...back in the day when I lived in a smaller area and everyone pretty much knew each other.  The one I remember was named Officer Sal...I remember him because he had a crush on my aunt!  He had the knack of breaking up a confrontation where everyone felt respected and justice was served.  We also had mounted police in the nearest city.  My husband and I are very supportive of our local police officers (whether they are handsome or not LOL).

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

I have been watching Adam 12 for months now on the COZI channel. He certainly started as a young actor and I've seen him in many movies recently.

Martin and Kent both stayed married to their wives since the beginning. I remember watching the show when it came out but I really enjoy it more now.

Then I watch Dragnet. Kent McCord started on Dragnet as a young cop and then went to the Adam 12 series because Jack Webb created and directed Adam 12.