Respected Contributor

@kjae wrote:

Let's add the $85 for 2 of Valerie Bertinelli's 2 1/2 lb lasagna.

And end your meal with the Juniors  $200+ cheesecake stuffed with apple pie and something else (looked so gross)!

Honored Contributor

If I was going to give a dinner party I would use it.  It is a convenience item. Someone has done a lot of prep work on this, and its gourmet grade meat

If you want things that are tasty, and high quality, you must pay the price.

I doubt anyone is going to pull it out for a week night dinner. This is the holidays, and people do a lot of entertaining. I hope they enjoy it.   Good luck to them

Contributor

I could not believe the price for 2 pans of lasagna, anyone buying this ?? It's so easy to make your own, or pull Valerie's recipe up on the computer, I bet it's alot cheaper to make it !

Trusted Contributor

LOL.....RIDICULOUS IS RIGHTRobot Embarassed

Super Contributor

My husband was walking thru the living room & stopped to  glance over at the TV........his remarks:  "$187 for that?  Are you kidding me??" 

Trusted Contributor

I always wonder how much the celebrity makes from their food items, or actually any item they hawk on QVC. 

$85 for 2 pans of lasagna is a little high IMHO, I’ll make my own. 

Respected Contributor

I, personally, would never spend that kind of money for lasagna.

It is so easy to make (you don't even need a recipe since it is more a method of layering ingredients ) and, in a pinch, there is always a $10 tray of 

perfectly acceptable Stouffers.

The pork, on the other hand, is totally different. In my area, Hampshire pork goes for $15-20 a pound plus the cost of the pork belly. Just the meat to prepare the 8 pound roast is around $160. Porchetta is very labor intensive and, to me, a real pain in the (pork) butt to prepare------And results are not guaranteed. I would pay the price with no qualms whatsoever.

Honored Contributor

Poor piggies.Woman Sad

And the pork isn't from Martha-it comes from Pat LaFrieda butchers.  It's on the label.

Martha has worked with this meat purveyor before; I'm not sure who actually has put these together but Martha certainly didn't raise the poor pigs.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh