Honored Contributor

Since it takes all kinds to make the world go round, I have to say why I actually liked the marshmallow comparison.    

My feet have changed A LOT since my knee replacements, and buying shoes is now a much bigger deal than I’d like for it to be.   The more facts that can be shared orally and visually about a shoe, the better I like it, and the more it helps me decide whether that might be the right shoe for me.   I do look for lightweight shoes, and comparing the actual weight of the shoe to marshmallows gives me a very good idea about the weight I’m putting on my feet.   

Honored Contributor

So how many marshmallows did it take to match the shoe in weight?

Love me some s'mores or rice krispie treats

Super Contributor

I counted 22 large marshmallows on the scale.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

So how many marshmallows did it take to match the shoe in weight?

Love me some s'mores or rice krispie treats

@Yahooey

She had to keep piling them on . . . I didn't count, but for her sake I hope she got it straight if she had to do this all day!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't get why this was so weird.  Amy is pointing out how light weight the shoes are.  I think we all know how light marshmallows are.

I also swore during the presentation with Jayne Brown she said 12 marshmallows were the same weight as the shoes.  But I could be wrong.  She definitely wasn't piling a ton of marshmallows on the scale.  Both weighed 5 point some odd ounces and while it's the same weight, it's easy to imagine the weight of 12 marshmallows, IMO.