Respected Contributor

I wore jeans at my own wedding in Las Vegas, so my opinion is ask the bride and groom what they'd like you to wear.   I also wore jeans and my sister's wedding in the 70's at the court house. 

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Married at the courthouse?

@tedEbear wrote:

@Maltese Momma---------- I am sorry for this question(not really), but, I am laughing at your son,the Mayor marrying may people. Polygamist?  I knew what you meant, but I had to chortle at married and  not officiated.  Sorry again.Heart

I agree with most of you on neat and tidy, no jeans, tanks,etc. I may be ,not yet, over 90, however I do have a pretty clear cut idea of proper dress for courthouse,church, and funerals. There are ,of course, exceptions----------tedEbearSmiley LOL

hahaahha  I see what you mean...........hahaahha  As his mom, and proud of him,  I still  find it so funny that my son can "officiate" at weddings.  Even after 16 years of my son being  Mayor, I find it amazing the  weddings he  "officates"  are "offical" and that the couple are realy married..............lol.....( It's  a "mom"  thing)...........lol

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I would never wear jeans to a wedding, regardless of where the ceremony was conducted.  

Esteemed Contributor

@mima wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

We were married in the judge's chambers.  We both wore jeans and shirts/blouses, as did both of our witnesses.  There wasn't enough space for more than 8-10 people in the enclosed room.

Now I'm confused on what to wear.  LOL 

Don't wear the jeans....it is a wedding...if the bride and groom wore them at their wedding, that was their choice but you are a guest so I would not risk offending them.  The courthouse setting is casual but not relaxed as jeans IMHO 

Respected Contributor

i suspect if they were to wear jeans they would in the future regret their decision and wish they had worn something a little bit more dressier. 

Respected Contributor

@this is my nic

Happy 50th!  The first 50 are the hardest.  After that, it's just habit.  :-)

Respected Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

i suspect if they were to wear jeans they would in the future regret their decision and wish they had worn something a little bit more dressier. 

Regret what, that they didn't spend thousands on a pretty dress?  LOL

After 35 years it's one of the smartest things we've done IMO.   

~~
Respected Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

@this is my nic

Happy 50th!  The first 50 are the hardest.  After that, it's just habit.  :-)

15 more years to go....LOL    Can I count the 5 years we lived together?

~~
Honored Contributor

Seems Angel and Glen's ceremony was at the country club where the reception was held.  Of course, everyone dressed to the nines, given the theme.

When my son got married two years ago, they didn't want to pay an exorbitant amount to a clergy member but wanted someone to officiate at the wedding venue. The bride's brother got went online and took a course he paid $16 for and he was the one who officiated at the wedding. We thought it was very smart, he was so well-spoken and it was a beautiful wedding. Her family was very, very, insulted at this however. They thought it was in bad taste, too bad, nobody's business but the bride and groom's.